Finding Radian DOM on Box at Cdn Tire

U

Unregistered

6.5 month old DS is over 20 lb and 27.5", so will soon be too big for his Graco Snugride (22lb & 29" limits).

I am planning to buy a SK Radian at Canadian Tire, but know from these forums that DOMs are often a year old. I went to Canadian Tire to look at some Radians and could not find the DOM on any of the boxes. Does anyone know where to find it or do you have to open up the box and look at the seat?

Also, does anyone have the latest news on when 65 lb stickered Radians will arrive at Canadian Tire? I am hoping it's soon (i.e. before I have to buy) as DS is a big boy and a high weight limit FF seat is important to me!

TIA!!!

ADS

dd9736

I think you have to open the box and check, I think I would anyway, to look over the seat, make sure there is nothing obviously wrong with it (I have to drive over an hr to get there, I'm not going back if i can help it) and I'm even going to ask if they'll let me try installing it in the truck before we buy(they've let my mom take stuff out of the store with an associate to make sure it was the right one), if they will and it doesn't fit, then it would save the trouble of buying it, then having to return it later.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
If you are concerned about DOM and weight limits, I would consider purchasing online from Babyproofingplus. Their seats are coming with the new stickers and relatively new DOM's.

They will cost you a little extra $30 plus shipping, but it may be worth it in the end to have the newer DOM and higher weight limit when your little one is only 6 months old.

BudgieStew

Yes you have to open up the box and look on the side of the seat.
When my Mother bought one from CT they would not allow her to open it.:(

The baby boutique allowed me to open it but it still had a older DOM. Even older then the one from CT.

If you can afford to spend the extra 30.00 or so I would buy it online...to get that 65 lbs and a newer DOM.

tiger926

After what we've gone through, I wouldn't get one from Canadian Tire at all.
No one seems to know where these seats come from, the DOMs are very old and, the store personnel know nothing about the seats whatsoever; therefore, you ask them about the 65lb law, they have no idea what you are talking about. CT is know for having older baby gear - I have emailed CT corporate (they got ahold of me last week and I am waiting for a follow-up) as they just don't turnover baby stock quick enough - bought the Radian in Feb. 07 with Aug.06 DOM (short strap) and a jogging stroller last week that I thought was 06 or 07 - turns out it's over 3 years old! Found this out when I called Schwinn to order a new part as the stroller was defective out of box. We will never buy any baby gear from CT ever again (this was our first and last time with car seat and stroller).

We are regretting the fact that we didn't order our seat online as we got a short strapped Radian (DOM: Aug. 06) as the DOM is nowhere on the box. You have to open box to find it on the side of the seat - I would encourage you to do this as CT Radian stock seems to sit there - I worry too where exactly they are getting the seats from since many of them are problematic (short strap, despite Sunshine Kids saying it was just a "few" seats).

Good luck, Tiger

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yep, the DOM isn't on the outside of the box that I've found. My CT let me take the seat out to our truck to try it out. The associate that came with me was another story... (2yr old in booster - how unsafe - not to mention illegal, is that? :eek: ) Dd was still rf'ing at the time (this past March?) and he got a bit of a passive lecture. :whistle:

mommycat

The one thing about CT is you can return the seat after you try it out - obviously it would be simpler to try it before you buy it but mine wouldn't let me, so I bought it, brought it home, tried it in the car at my leisure and then took it back. If they won't let you open the box tell them you will just buy it, then open it in the store and return it if the date is wrong, so would they please just save everyone a lot of hassle and open the darned thing... Getting a chance to try it in your car and then ordering it on-line to get a newer seat is a nice option though. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC