Pics of kids in Husky/Regent vs. Safeguard?

scatterbunny

Does anyone have pics of their kids in Safeguards and Husky/Regents to compare? I'm trying to figure out how Hayley would fit the Safeguard, based on how she fits the Husky. I'm looking for pics of the Safeguard child seat, not the Safeguard Go. :)

ADS

LuvBug

lol! Jenny

Im thinking about it too, but I wouldnt be able to replace both his seat... I hope they get this straightened out the right way!!

oxeye

Why doesn't Safeguard make cuter covers? :( :mad:

I'm curious to see comparison pics as well. I am fine with how my Regent installs with LATCH which will last us 15 more pounds (which is likely 5 years at the rate this kid grows, LOL) but I haven't tried short belt path yet.

scatterbunny

Hayley's torso has mysteriously shrunk, LOL. I had moved her up to the top slots of the Husky because with the recline bar it looked like she was slightly over the second-to-top slots, and I thought she had outgrown the Futura (17 inch top slots, they fit slightly taller than the Marathon's top slots) awhile ago. But today I moved the Husky to the third row and installed the Futura just for fun, and lo and behold, Hayley still barely fits the Futura, level with the top slots. AND she needed to be moved back down to the second-to-top slots of the Husky. :eek: :confused: She's about half an inch below them!

So, at 4'1" with a 17 inch torso, is she all legs now, or what? Amazing to me, considering what a long torso she had at 2-3 years old. It seems like it's almost quit growing the last couple of years. :p

So I'm trying to convince myself that 19-19.5 inch top slots of the Recaro and Safeguard are enough to last her 2ish (hopefully more) years, and trying to justify the cost and figure out how to afford one of them, and wondering if I should just stick it out with the Husky (which will expire in a little over a year, when she will still fit in it with growing room, so I'd need a new seat, either a Regent, Safeguard or Recaro, at that point anyway).

MsFacetious

Let me see if I have any good ones of Sadi in it, Ali hates it. I don't think I really adjusted so you can tell how she fits but I will see if I have any. I'm sure she could be talked into a trip to USA Baby to sit in the Regent and Safeguard which are side by side to get better pictures. But I'll see if the ones I have will help you and try and get them up, since more than just you want to see them. :)

Dillipop

I'll try to get some of ds in the husky tomorrow. I'll have to install it in one of the cars to do it, though. Good thing I love installing that thing! I'll get a couple of him in the safeguard, too. IIRC he is just over the second from bottom slots on the husky, so he needs the 3rd slots and on the safeguard, he probably has 4ish inches left. I'll make sure to use a tape measure for you!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I'm not on my own computer so I don't have the link, but Rebekah's photo album should have a pic I took of Leila in the SG @ Lifesavers -- I was surprised that she had quite a bit less room in it compared to the Husky (they had it installed on a test/show bench) :eek:

arly1983

I am in the same boat over here except I am trying to decide what to get for our second seat and have 3.5 weeks to decide.....

I just tried Jackson in a Safeguard last weekend and was seriously bummed I forgot my camera...

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Jenny,

I still have the ones I took awhile ago - the tops slots on the Regent are definitely higher than the Safeguard...:

359503091_0758a8f87e.jpg
361875582_6c20fba9da.jpg

361929080_5f6525594e.jpg

MsFacetious

I have no idea if those were the top slots or not. I didn't adjust it for her, but I will get better pictures. I have to go up there today and try them in a bunch of seats to try and decide how to replace my Regents ASAP.

kphil

I have no pictures, but when I tried my then 6yo in the Safeguard last year (before deciding on the Regent), she wasn't nearly as comfortable in it as in the Regent. The seat depth seemed much shallower, so her legs were only supported partway down her thighs, kwim? I wanted to love the Safeguard, and was prepared to buy one, but I just didn't like it the way I thought I would.

Sigh....no idea what seat to buy now. Glad I didn't buy a second Regent last week, though.

scatterbunny

Well, poo-seat depth is a big deal for us. Hayley's torso has stopped growing but her legs keep on going... :(

The Recaro seat depth is supposed to be 15 inches, which sounds deep to me; but I can't get past the big base, and I don't think the top slots will be tall enough.

MsFacetious

Yeah the Safeguard is not as deep as the Regent, but I can't see the Recaro being that deep either... but I guess we'll see.

arly1983

Well, poo-seat depth is a big deal for us. Hayley's torso has stopped growing but her legs keep on going... :(

The Recaro seat depth is supposed to be 15 inches, which sounds deep to me; but I can't get past the big base, and I don't think the top slots will be tall enough.

Where did you read that that is the seat depth?

On the recaro website it says 15 ins is the interior seat width and I can't find the depth anywhere:confused:

Depth is very important so I have really looked...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC