News Child Passenger Safety Symposium (Canada)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Please note that this is open to all advocates and techs - you do not need to be a CRST to attend, you just have to register ahead of time to ensure space. Registration is free. (I'm posting this here rather than the tech forum since advocates are welcome as well.) The English invitation is followed by the French invitation. Feel free to pass it on either by copy and paste or by linking this thread to anyone you think may be interested.

~~~~~

Safe Kids Canada and the AUTO21 Research Team invite you to attend a Child Passenger Safety Symposium on November 15, 2011 from 9:00AM – 4:00PM in Vancouver, British Columbia. This is a pre-conference session attached to the National Injury Prevention Conference. You may also attend the session by web-conferencing from the convenience of your own community. Please see the attached advertisements for more information or contact Kristen.gane@sickkids.ca.

Everyone is welcome to attend this session. However registration for “on-site” attendance is required due to space limitations. Registration for the web-conferencing option is also required. There is no fee for either option. Please contact Kristen Gane at kristen.gane@sickkids.ca to register. Indicate whether you will be attending in person or by web-conferencing. There may be some locations where participants will have the option of coming together in groups for the web-conferencing in order to network with each other and to more actively participate in the discussions. If you are willing to host one of these group sessions, please contact Kim Mundle at kim.mundle@iwk.nshealth.ca .

~~~~

Francais:
SécuriJeunes Canada et l’équipe de chercheurs d’AUTO21 vous invite à assister au Symposium sur la sécurité des enfants en voiture le 15 novembre 2011 de 9h à 16h, à Vancouver, Colombie-Britannique. Ceci est une session pré-conférence attachée à la Conférence canadienne sur la prévention des traumatismes et la promotion de la santé. Vous pouvez aussi assister à la session par conférence Web dans le confort de votre communauté. S’il vous plait, regardez les advertisement attaché ou contacter Kristen Gane à kristen.gane@sickkids.ca pour l’inscription.

Tous sont bienvenus à participer à cette session. Par contre, dus aux nombres de places limitées, une inscription est requise pour ceux désirant assister sur place. L’inscription pour la conférence Web est aussi requise. Il n’y a aucun frais pour l’une ou l’autre des options. S.V.P. contacter Kristen Gane à kristen.gane@sickkids.ca pour l’inscription. Veuillez mentionner si vous serez présent sur place ou si vous utiliserez le service de conférence Web. Il pourrait y avoir des endroits où les participants auront l’option de se regrouper pour la conférence Web afin de réseauter et de participer plus activement aux discussions. Si vous voulez être l’hôte d’une de ces sessions de groupe, S.V.P. contacter Kim Mundle à kim.mundle@iwk.nshealth.ca.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hmmm that's not too far... Might be interesting to see what's going on up north.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

No kidding. Though I'd have to leave before 6 to guarantee I'd get there in time, and then I probably wouldn't get home until 8 with chatting and traffic. But tempting. Staying a night or two isn't a huge option because then I'd have to have Laine with me.

Wendy

tam_shops

Has anyone been before? What goes on? Can kids go (2yo)? What do you do, see, learn, buy and touch! LOL

I'd LOVE to go, will with out a doubt go if I can bring my 2yo! If I have to find and pay for d/c then it complicates things. The one that'd do my d/c is the same person that does my seats and she may want to go also...

tam

dragonfly8

I want to go!!!!!

But, one income family, and 4 kids (2 with lots of Dr's appts) doesn't allow me to.....

However, I will be looking into the web option!

snowbird25ca

Thanks Wendy, email only, got it! :) Is there also a website, so I can read some more about what is and what goes on?

tam

http://www.injurypreventionconference.ca/

That's the conference in general. The symposium is happening the day before the conference and is going to have basically some experts in a number of different areas that will be able to provide some information. I don't have details on exactly who will be there, but I know that they were hoping to get some car seat manufacturers and vehicle manufacturers involved for the symposium.

This symposium is the first one as far as I know. The injury prevention conference is an annual thing, but the actual child passenger safety symposium before the conference is new.

I would say no to children. It is going to be a very business/professional atmosphere from what I've gathered. I have some ideas, but since I'm not sure what has come about and what hasn't, I'm not going to share them. I just know it will be very informative and for those who aren't able to attend I'd highly suggest setting up the web conference option. :thumbsup:

tam_shops

Ohhhh, thanks Trudy, the only thing in the link I didn't click on! LOL Will you be there? I saw the $500 price tag and figured it was totally the wrong thing! No kids, kind of figured...What is a web conference and how would I set it up? Could that be taped, so I could watch it in the evenings and hit replay for the things I miss. I'm a bit slower than usual right now, YDS has another ear infection, which means I'm not sleeping, at all! LOL

tam

snowbird25ca

Ohhhh, thanks Trudy, the only thing in the link I didn't click on! LOL Will you be there? I saw the $500 price tag and figured it was totally the wrong thing! No kids, kind of figured...What is a web conference and how would I set it up? Could that be taped, so I could watch it in the evenings and hit replay for the things I miss. I'm a bit slower than usual right now, YDS has another ear infection, which means I'm not sleeping, at all! LOL

tam

Web conference means that you would be able to basically go to a dedicated link with your computer, where you would be able to listen to the presentation and view the presentation on your computer screen. And the web conference is just available for the November 15 thing.

April

Cool! I'm definitely going to register. Now to find someone to watch my kids...
Posted via Mobile Device

selinajean

I'm registered! We were hoping to go to mexico in November but we may postpone that so that I can come. We'll look for someone to watch the kids so hubby can come with me.

Ontario.CRT.Jennifer

CPST Instructor
TIME ZONE ALERT!
If you're going to attend this via webcast be careful of time zone issues! The conference is airing live in the PACIFIC TIME ZONE (this is noon to 7 PM if you're in the eastern time zone!).

I found a blurb about the session on the Injury Prevention Conference Website quoted below (found about 3/4 of the way down the web page)

Child Passenger Safety Session - Nov. 15
Safe Kids Canada and the AUTO21 Researcher Team invite conference participants to attend the Child Passenger Safety Session on November 15, 2011 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. This session will offer the following:
■National and international reports will offer an overview of the current child passenger safety environment
■Organizations actively engaged in child passenger safety will share their successes and challenges
■A Booster Seat Tool Kit will be launched during this session
■Join us for a “forward-facing” discussion that explores such topics as the effectiveness of car seat clinics, car seat technician training and legislation

Lastly I was just sent an attachment advertising the conference.

Last edited:

bccrst

I'm registered! We were hoping to go to mexico in November but we may postpone that so that I can come. We'll look for someone to watch the kids so hubby can come with me.

I love that you're putting off Mexico so you can come talk carseats, ROFL!
Obviously, your priorities are bang on :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC