My ultimate carseat design, what's yours?

laurenrachey

I'm thinking a regent with infinite harness adjustment, and a little more side impact protection and a nice boys cover, maybe some removable padding for younger kiddos. Whatdya think?! :love:

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That, plus RFing to 35 or higher capabilities, and a 10 year lifespan. Make it FAA approved, RFing tethered, and add some cupholders. :)

Now really, is that all too much to ask? LOL

Wendy

Loves2sing

Okay we are talking about a DREAM seat here right? Then I want one that RF, and can tether RF to 35lbs, FF to 100lbs, has a wide variety of pattern swatches that you can pick and choose from to create a custom cover. It would come with 3 covers for variety, and have cup holders, and snack trays. It would self-clean every night, and would have a lifetime warranty until it expired 20 years after the DOM. That way I would never need another seat. But oh wait! They make a seat where you never would need another one. It's called an Alpha Omega!:rolleyes: KIDDING!!

Lara

I want rf to 50 lbs, ff to 100. Then have some way to change it into a booster that goes REALLY tall. Of course rf tethered.
A base like infant seats. No need to buy 3 seats, just buy 1 seat and 2 other bases!
Air conditioned or something to cool the seat down in the super hot summer (I'm in the desert lol) or a way to easily warm it up in the winter.
True side impact protection
Infinate adjusting harness
6 inch bottom slots, 25 inch top slots
Built in seat protector (tested with the seat, so no excuse to use an aftermarket one)
4 or 5 crotch strap positions so it would fit a newborn and a big kid well.
Chest clip not required (I don't really like chest clips. Just one more thing to misuse IMO)
15 year expiration
Airline approved
Nice latch clips that are individual (like on a britax marathon)
cup holders
a tray that could attach for playing with toys or coloring
an Mp3 player so I wouldn't have to listen to kids music in the car :p
All for $100.

Is that too much to ask??? Hahaha

Loves2sing

I want rf to 50 lbs, ff to 100. Then have some way to change it into a booster that goes REALLY tall. Of course rf tethered.
A base like infant seats. No need to buy 3 seats, just buy 1 seat and 2 other bases!
Air conditioned or something to cool the seat down in the super hot summer (I'm in the desert lol) or a way to easily warm it up in the winter.
Built in seat protector (tested with the seat, so no excuse to use an aftermarket one)
Chest clip not required (I don't really like chest clips. Just one more thing to misuse IMO)
15 year expiration
Airline approved
cup holders
All for $100.

Wow! You thought of soooo much more than I did. I thought of some of these things, then forgot to write them down in the excitment of dreaming about a perfect seat. Now if they could come up with a perfect stroller....:p

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
15 year expiration
Airline approved
cup holders
All for $100.

I agree with all of this except airline approved.... because in my dream world the airlines have seats available just like this and they self destruct if tampered with in any way! :p

cdncasper

Can we add lightweight but sturdy and easy to fold and store. How about extremely easy to install in seconds and red lights that go off if you don't harness the child in properly. Could it come with a DVD to show how to install and use the seat instead of that stupid manual with horrible pictures.

Lara

I agree with all of this except airline approved.... because in my dream world the airlines have seats available just like this and they self destruct if tampered with in any way! :p

Good idea!!! The flight attendants should have to be experts in the seat too, so there would be no fight about its limits, wether the kid could be rf, all that good stuff.

How about an optional DVD player too?

ThreeBeans

My seat would turn the penis of anyone who listed an expired seat on ebay/craigslist/freecycle bright orange and covered with juicy warts.

JOII

My seat would turn the penis of anyone who listed an expired seat on ebay/craigslist/freecycle bright orange and covered with juicy warts.

:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

I just about cried.

I cant add anymore then anyone has already listed! Perfect seats!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC