Anyone find the True Fit to be too wide for toddler?

KristinJ

I know I'm asking lots of questions lately- so bear with me. I'll decide soon, I promise.

So- has anyone found the True Fit to be TOO roomy? My DD is almost two, just 21 lbs and 32". I love the leg room, but the Roundabout hugs her better (although will it be too tight when she's three?). I haven't been able to test out sleeping in the True Fit...is it hard for their little heads to reach the side to lean against it for sleeping?

why can't I decide between these two seats? I like them both! We plan to have another baby, so if the ROundabout gets small for her that can be passed down, and we can get her a Nautilus when she's ready to FF. On the other hand, the True Fit should fit her until booster age....but we'd still have to buy a new convertible for another baby.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
I think it's fine for sleeping. My 3 year old doesn't have any trouble resting his head on the wing. If that doesn't work, it's wide enough to shove a pillow in there between the kiddo and the side. I really like its roominess. It bothers me more for big kids to be squished than for little kids to have too much room.

Pixels

I have used the TF both for DD (currently 3yo, 30 lbs) since 18 months, and DS since birth. Neither has a problem sleeping in it. Head loll to the side, but don't look uncomfortable. They don't end up at a weird angle, it's just like they were looking out the window or something.

If you get the TF now, you could still pass it down to a new baby if you want. The TF fits newbs wonderfully.

jujumum

I didn't like the tf at all as I found it to be way too roomy for my skinny kids. I preferred the narrower MR and MA.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Laine is thin, but she's figured out to turn her head and rest her forehead against the side to sleep.

I could also put back in the headrest if it seemed she needed it.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC