Best double stroller that folds teeny tiny?

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I need a double stroller that I can fold up teeny tiny to store in a cabin on a cruise-type ship. Needs to be able to hold some combination of 40ish lb 3 yr old, 24ish lb 1 yo, and 16ish lb 8-9 month old (he has limited head control right now, so something w/ some recline would be great). We'll have a leash (gasp! the horror!) and a babyhawk to keep the 3rd kid safe. I haven't set a budget, I'd like to know what my options are, and go from there. I really do need something that folds teeny tiny, because we're going to have limited trunk space in the car and then there is that whole cruise-type ship thing.

Any help would be appreciated! :love:

ADS

keri1292

Mac Twin Triumph? Umbrella fold, weight limit of 55lbs per seat, reclines nearly flat. My boys used this until we got a mini, so they were probably 4 & 5 when we stopped using it. It's not as comfy as the BJCMD, but for space and build, it's the best IMO. It was my first choice when we flew to TX. It lugged two MAs and all our carry ons through the airport. :) Other options have some big cons...Combi and Peg Perego doubles are plasticky and not made well for bigger kids. :twocents:

keri1292

The [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Maclaren-Techno-Stroller-Charcoal-Silver/dp/B003JQLFZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1299435886&sr=1-1"]Twin Techno[/ame] is even roomier if you expect to keep it awhile and have the budget for it. I like the black on black framed one! :love:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
bobandjess says: I think if teeny tinyness is your main criteria, a double umbrella is going to be your best bet, no?
well, yes, Jess. But do I want the Techno, the Triumph, the cheaper Jeep one? Is there some new and fantastic stroller that I may never have heard of? I dunno. I haven't bought a stroller in 3 years. lol

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Keri, I have a single Techno - I just don't remember why I chose it over the Triumph. I'm not sure if the single is being kept or sold just yet. My babies are 8 months apart... what's the likelihood I'll ever use a single again? lol

I'll discuss w/ dh. I don't foresee either child being very big (my 3yo is a linebacker, but the "twins" are both very petite), but dd is going to be very tall, so I need to see if one can accomodate a taller kid.

(Technically, I have a twin Triumph that I paid like $20 for on CL several years ago, but it is missing the canopies, and the wheels are really worn after this many years. My aim is to ditch the Joovy Triple, the Graco DuoGlider, and this twin - and possibly the Techno single - and buy a double umbrella, and then have the double umbrella and the Bob Duallie.)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
From what I've seen the Chicco double folds really pretty small, but I still like my twin triumph. I hate the jeep one, every one I've ever pushed was awful in the extreme.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
We're going to have more room than I thought we would (we're going to have 2 rooms on the ship, not just 1), but I told dh I wanted the Techno. He seems ok with that, I just need to sell some of the other strollers.

KQ, would you use your mac at Disney, or rent a Disney stroller?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC