Question What Seat to get?

Pepse

So MIL needs something in her car, she wants to have once and a while. It is a little inconvenient to take her there so I want to get something for her car. She lives 1 minute from daycare and about 5 from our house and would not be taking her anywhere else except her house.

I know she won't be able to tighten the straps however I don't think she will be able to buckle her in without loosing it.

Any ideas? Dd turns 4 in august and weighs 42lbs.

ADS

featherhead

What about an EFTA? The knobs might be easier for her to do than a pull-strap.

Oops, little edit. I wasn't thinking when I read 4 in August. I was thinking 4 now already. Scratch the booster idea.

oddduck

Maybe something with a continuous loop (like a TF). Not sure if there are any decent combination seats out there with continuous loops though.

My daughter will also be 4 in Aug and in a TF. I rarely need to adjust the tightness of straps and it's quite roomy. My DH prefers it over our other seats as he doesn't need to fiddle as much getting a good fit.

Pixels

Does the Maestro have a continuous harness?

ETA: Didn't realize I crossed the border. Do you have the Maestro?

mommycat

Yes we have the Maestro. Not sure on the harness being continuous.

I thought of the EFTA with it's knobs, too. At 42lbs it may not last too long before she hits 47lbs - and then again it might, at least long enough to get to a better booster age. Not sure what they sell for these days. I saw some clearanced at Walmart a couple of months ago for $69. The Generations has the knobs as well - do we have the 65lb Gen in Canada?? (How is the Chase for tightening? That's the one with the pull strap on the harness itself, but I seem to think I've seen someone say it was annoying to adjust.)

I didn't find the TF all that easy to buckle when it wasn't loosened - getting in was no problem but buckling was a bit of a pain. Maybe I was keeping it too tight.

The seat I do find super easy to buckle without tightening is the Nautilus; it is also very easy to tighten if it needs an extra pull. A bit pricey for an occasional seat though.

What is the issue with tightening? I usually wrap the strap around my hand and lean my weight down into the strap for stubborn harness, it doesn't take any strength because gravity does the work. Would that help in this case?

featherhead

Yes we have the Maestro. Not sure on the harness being continuous.

I thought of the EFTA with it's knobs, too. At 42lbs it may not last too long before she hits 47lbs - and then again it might, at least long enough to get to a better booster age. Not sure what they sell for these days. I saw some clearanced at Walmart a couple of months ago for $69. The Generations has the knobs as well - do we have the 65lb Gen in Canada?? (How is the Chase for tightening? That's the one with the pull strap on the harness itself, but I seem to think I've seen someone say it was annoying to adjust.)

I didn't find the TF all that easy to buckle when it wasn't loosened - getting in was no problem but buckling was a bit of a pain. Maybe I was keeping it too tight.

The seat I do find super easy to buckle without tightening is the Nautilus; it is also very easy to tighten if it needs an extra pull. A bit pricey for an occasional seat though.

What is the issue with tightening? I usually wrap the strap around my hand and lean my weight down into the strap for stubborn harness, it doesn't take any strength because gravity does the work. Would that help in this case?

We have the EFTA65 here as well. My Walmart just got it in after not having the EFTA for a year.

mommycat

Oh, shoot. I forgot all about that coming out! It was so much easier to keep track when we didn't have any good choices. LOL :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC