Need to take my brothers Pathfinder today..

Baylor

I really would like to put something under the Nautilus to protect his leather seats.. Can you tell me what is safe? What you find works best?

ADS

Baylor

If anything too thick is used it can affect install?

ETA: It has latch but I just seat belt installed last time. Is the center middle acceptable install?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The Nautilus is extremely flat and should in no way at all harm the leather. I wouldn't bother using a thing.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Well then go with a very thin receiving blanket or a really thin towel. There's really no point though.

Baylor

I think he just wants to make sure that there are no spills and food on his seats. I don't blame him. Single guy. New truck. I want to conform as long as I am not infringing on safety.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I have used a really thin receiving blanket before. Like the ones you get when you have a new baby and have no other purpose ;) They are the perfect size to fit under a carseat.

Baylor

I have a ton of them! I save them after the babies are big to make rags out of or throw up guards.. lol.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Center is fine and technically safer than outboard, provided you can achieve a successful install with less than 1 inch of movement at the carseat's belt path- you know the drill/mantra about that by now surely, and it needs to be equipped with a lap-shoulder belt if a boostered kiddo will be riding in the center, otherwise a harnessed seat would need to go there if it's a lap-only belt. :) LATCH-equipped Pathfinders don't have a dedicated set of second row center LATCH, and Nissan doesn't allow borrowing of outboard lower LATCH anchors to install in the center if you're wondering about using LATCH instead of the seatbelt, and Nissan defers to the carseat instructions regarding LATCH installation weight limits. Not eating/drinking in the car can ward off spills and eliminate the perceived need for a seat protector and the "no-no" factor. Having had both vehicle seating materials in our past and present vehicles, leather wipes clean more easily than cloth seating surfaces IME. :twocents:

Baylor

Well I ran into my first install problem today. I think I have just had easy cars til now. In the center, I could not install with latch and the center seat pushes the GN away from the back of the seat. No matter what I did I could not get it to sit without rocking some way.. So I did driver side outboard? I think I read here that was safer? And I used Latch and tether. So It worked out. I still can not believe that I used to believe you just bought a seat and it would be fine in any car. Now when I use the other cars in the family, I see it is not so easy as my Caravan and I feel really lucky to have all those tethers and LATCH anchors.

Thanks for all the information!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC