Humor me - strollers for two.

ctbcleveland

So - here is the deal.

I have two kids who will be 2 and 4 this summer.

I have already owned a BJCMD - I didn't like it because of how it folded and consumed my trunk and I don't like how high the handle bars are.

Last year, I got a Chicco C5 Double. I love the fold - perfect - but the stroller is beat. I went to use it this week with the kids (who are 30 and 35 lbs each) and it was a beast to manuever (sp?). I don't know if the problem is the stroller itself or just me trying to push 65 lbs in an umbrella stroller with plastic wheels. It also isn't as well designed as the BJCMD - so it tends to be tough to get through doorways if you aren't going from a perfectly straight angle.

I love, love, love my Valco Tri-Mode single with a toddler seat. But DS#1 is getting to heavy for my current toddler seat and is smooshing his little brother's leg's below.

So grr....now what do I do? Are there any strollers out there with an umbrella or more compact style fold to accomodate my two kids? Are there any compact strollers with air-filled tires?

Humor me ladies - what am I forgetting?

ADS

J-max

CPST Instructor
Have you seen the BJ City Select? I am pretty sure that is what I am going to get this summer. Your 4 year old might be close to too tall, but I am not sure. It has the same type of fold as the CMD, but is narrower like a single.

ctbcleveland

Have you seen the BJ City Select? I am pretty sure that is what I am going to get this summer. Your 4 year old might be close to too tall, but I am not sure. It has the same type of fold as the CMD, but is narrower like a single.

My almost 4 year old is a shorty.

hrice

I have a Mac Twin Triumph and it is a breeze to push with my LOs. They are 26 & 32 pounds.

I am eyeing the Baby Jogger City Mini Double & Elites. I want to get RID of my Quattro Duo. HATE IT!

MAggie Boston

Do you want to sell your BJCMD? :)

Sorry, I'm not much help. I'm looking for a double for a newborn and an 18-month old. I bought a used PP Aria double, and I really like how lightweight it is, but not sure it would be any better than the Chicco with 65 lbs in it.

tanusscott22

So this most likely isn't what you are looking for, but I love my Chariot stroller to death! It is a convertible that can be used as a stroller, jogging stroller, bike trailer, or a couple other things. It is large once folded and takes up most of the trunk in my Audi A6, but there is still room to put bags along side of it once it's in the trunk. It has quick release wheels that pop off so getting in and out is easier. It is heave though, somewhere around 40lbs to lift in and out, but for me it's worth it. The weight range is 100 lbs and it has a bench seat so the kids are flopping over on each other. It even has suspension system for bumpy terrain. This was a more practical item for my husband and me because this one "stroller" does everything so we didn't need to buy a double jogger, double umbrella, and bike trailer all separate. They are pretty expensive, but we picked up a used one on Craig's List for $500. It is the CX2 model, which is the most expensive one they make. The Cougar model is also very nice and people sell those for around $300 on CL. I'd post a photo if I know how, but you can check them out by typing chariot cougar into Google. The web site even gives the height and width of the cabin so you can see if you little ones will still fit. Just something to think about.:)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Either a mac or a BJCMD should handle their weights fine. I put a 45 lb kid in each side of either one regularly. :) The BJCMD pushes a little nicer, but the fold on the mac is better. Kind of a trade off...

cryswilkins

I like the Mac twin for the fold, but as far as nicer push, I decided to go for a Phil & Teds. The fold is not as small like an umbrella though. I really like that its a double stroller, without being a monstrosity.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I am ignoring everyone talking about comfort... and telling you what you want. You want a mac. twin triumph, techno, whatever.... but that seems to be what you are looking for.

Rosey

the twin techno pushes well with a lot of weight. Someone posted a good price on babyboutiqueoutlet or something like that. My sister had mine and it has handled all the abuse she gives it. The seats are narrower than the mini's, and the handles are the same 41" but I am 5'3'' and find them comfortable.

ctbcleveland

Heather, your post about the double Mac inspired me to post this.

Anyway, I say a city select at the airport and I really like it. I think I need to go check it out.

Spam

I'm in :love: with my city select. I have mac twin traveller, but don't like it. It's hard to push with such a weight difference between the boys, it's okay for my neph and A since they're about the same size. I've used the select as a single and a double and just adore it. I like having Tuck face me and A only rides when we're in a busy place so I like to have the option of two seats w/out always having to have two seats ya know.

MoreLatte

I'm in big trouble- I saw the City Select IRL today and I'm in love. I already have a city elite but I love the option for DD to face me. Time to start selling off some strollers:whistle:

Pixels

MAggie Boston said:
Do you want to sell your BJCMD? :)

Sorry, I'm not much help. I'm looking for a double for a newborn and an 18-month old. I bought a used PP Aria double, and I really like how lightweight it is, but not sure it would be any better than the Chicco with 65 lbs in it.

I'm loving my Phil & Ted's for my newborn and toddler. Small as a single, but two riders.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
#1 - ABC
#2 - Mountain Buggy +one
#3 - Twin Techno

Chariot should be off the list because of the width--it's great outside, but not so good indoors. I also really love the new Mountain Buggy that can be a single or a double.. It's about the same size as a standard single, and can be used as a double or a single.

-Nicole.

sjaeger

I ordered the valco twin tri mode for my 47lb and 46" tall 4yo and my newbie on the way in May...

It was THE only stroller that I knew would work for the both of them but it doesn't have an umbrellaesque fold..its just one that works and will get me through doorways..

Good luck..this ones a tough one, I had one heck of a time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC