Graco My Ride 65 "Simpson"

Crissy

Kinda cool... Made the mistake of showing to DH, now he has to have on, lol. And I thought I had him sold on the TFP :doh:
http://simpsonraceproducts.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=341&products_id=10443&sort=
94000.jpg

ADS

pepsicola

I was expecting it to look like the Simpson Nautilus.

Is this legit? I think these guys just made their own cover for it. It can't be an official Graco license--there's no legally required warnings on the cover.

Crissy

Simpson makes racing seats and such, just like Recaro does. Which is why my DH wants either this or the Recaro ProRide... Decisions...

Crissy

Simpson makes racing seats and such, just like Recaro does. Which is why my DH wants either this or the Recaro ProRide... Decisions...

Or they used too, I think... It looks like they just make helmets, shoes, harnesses, etc...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
How nice for them to finally have an RF seat! Get those dads on board early :D (It's just licensing, like Dorel has had Eddie Bauer for all these years, Graco/Century has had Simpson, and Disney and Nickelodeon... think Princess and Dora boosters, obviously not made in TV/Movie studios ;))

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Er, hmm...maybe it is. I took another look at the Nautilus and it looks like the Simpson brand name logo on the pads....and all this time I thought it was just another cover. I've never even heard of the Simpson company :eek:.

Edit - yep, I'm a dummie.

http://simpsonraceproducts.com/products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=341

The spelling/grammar errors alone on that page would keep me from buying it from them... LOL (one of my pet peeves)

New, Simpson's Tyler Child Car Safety Seat is comfy and convertible too!
Our first convertible rear and forward racing seat, the Tyler is a seat which converts to protect your child as they grow and is offered in a stylish gray/black color palette with distinctive Simpson brandng.

* Rear facing for infants 4-40 lbs.
* Forward facing for toddlers 20-65 lbs.
* SafeSeat Engineering - engineered and crash tested to meet or exceen US Standard FMVS312:
o Side impacted tested*
o New car assessment program (NCAP), peak crash force approcimately 2X Car Seat Standard
o Extreme Car Interior Temperatures
o * In additioanl to meeting or exceeding all applicable US Safery Standards, the Tyler Seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention by the harness system
* 5-Point harness with front adjustment helps to hepp child secure
* Dual cup holders keep your essentials handy
* Comfy infant seat removable for growing child
removable toddler headrest helps ensure your growing child's comfort
latch equipped for easy installation
approved for airplane use

mrscompumike

Graco has the replacement parts page for this model. They do offer a replacement cover for $35 and the body pillow for $10 but they are out of stock.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC