Spongebob Kids Embrace car seat

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I like how they positioned the chest clip right over his mouth.

Love the colors, but I'd never buy a SpongeBob car seat. LOTS of people will, though.

I still think they're scary.

hrice

I am indifferent to Spongebob and not a fan of things with a liscenced character print. But I am sure kids will love it!

zactayaus

I don't particularly care for these character seats but Gavin was sitting here with me when I clicked on the link and he started getting all excited. He was pointing, smiling, and jabbering away at it. I told him sorry kid. That's one car seat you won't be getting.:p

3acorns4Christy

It's pretty cool looking.

My DS only knows about spongebob from passing, he's never watched the show but unless you hid under a rock you can't not notice a sponge in shorts when looking for boys clothes. He would love this.

judesmommy

it's not perfect.

and I hate spongebob.

and my child isn't allowed to watch spongebob.

BUT at least someone is finally TRYING and putting some effort into, making seats that are fun for little boys!

Polola0628

http://kidsembrace.com/ the website.

Note the belly clip on the kid who should really be rear facing.

And from their Facebook page...

"We are pleased to announce Sponge Bob has arrived. We will be sure and let you know where you can purchase this seat very shortly as it is in transit to some of our authorized dealers now. In the meantime, please have a look at our pictures. We think it is a very good looking seat and kids will really enjoy sitting in the lap of Sponge Bob"

:sick:

Kat_Momof3

Ruthie likes Spongebob... but she doesn't like it... she said boys would probably like
regular colors better... like dark blue, green, purple, orange, red, and even pink sometimes (her words, not mine)

She's also worried Spongebob might get squished.

AtTheSouthDam

Hey! All you peple complaining about the lack of fun choices for boys these people listened to you :p Notice there are no princesses or fairies to sit on, lol!

christineka

Hey! All you peple complaining about the lack of fun choices for boys these people listened to you :p Notice there are no princesses or fairies to sit on, lol!

But there aren't so many seats with princesses or fairies. I think it's a bad idea to stick any kind of character on a car seat if you want it to last for years. (I'm not into buying my kids new car seats every year- and neither are the general public.) I'm sure I don't know because my kids have never cared much for any character, but to me, it would not be reasonable to believe that a child who liked spongebob or spider man at age 2 or 3 would still like spongebob or spiderman THAT much at the age of 6 or 7 when they would still be using this seat (as a high back booster).

My version of "boy" covers would be nice looking colors with no pink or purple. Green, blue, and red are all colors enjoyed by many kids, but not marked as "girl colors".

Jonah Baby

I'm going to be the Black Sheep as usual and say I like it.

I like it because I know many kids that would want to sit in such a carseat, making the carseat desirable, which is a common problem around in my area at least :rolleyes:
I like it because it harnesses to 65 pounds.
I like that it has height AND weight (however, too low on the minimums) requirements, even if many parents will disregard them (still, some will pay attention and follow them.)
I like that it has cupholders, which makes it convenient AND more desirable for kids.

I do not like that it is not made by a "mainstream" carseat manufacturer. My gut tells me to avoid it like Grandma Knows.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC