I got my 3-across!

Dillipop

I got my 3-across today in our 05 elantra without an infant seat! Woohoo!

FFing RA50 for ds2 (4.5yrs), RFing Coccoro for dd (11 weeks), and OS parkway for ds1 (7.5).

IMG_8634.jpg
IMG_8635.jpg

And I needed to get the infant seat back into my car, so in our 99 Buick Century we have-

FFing Husky for ds2, rfing Companion for dd, and HB turbo booster for ds1.

IMG_8633.jpg
IMG_8632.jpg

And the leftover seats I didn't use (well, 4 of them anyway.)

IMG_8638.jpg

ADS

Corey_Proud_Daddy

And I needed to get the infant seat back into my car, so in our 99 Buick Century we have-

FFing Husky for ds2, rfing Companion for dd, and HB turbo booster for ds1.

IMG_8633.jpg
IMG_8632.jpg

And the leftover seats I didn't use (well, 4 of them anyway.)

That infant carrier is installed improperly, you need to raise the handle to the level of the back of the carrier to provide more structural support for the seat according to the manufacture.

Dillipop

That infant carrier is installed improperly, you need to raise the handle to the level of the back of the carrier to provide more structural support for the seat according to the manufacture.

The infant seat is a Britax Companion. It is required to have the handle all the way down like that per manufacturers instructions in the car. Different infant seats have different rules for where the handle must be. Some must be down like mine, some need to be left fully up, and some have multiple positions that they can be in in the car.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Dillipop

I'm really confused on that seatbelt with the Coccoro...

The seatbelt routes around the back of the seat, much like a European seat. Having the seatbelt routed like that will help prevent over rotation, I think. However, the coccoro is the only convertible seat on the US market to use this configuration.

canadiangie

I thought it was a Graco. I am sorry. It would seem that the structural integrity would be improved by my advice... However I'm sure Britax knows better.

Even if it were a Graco, that position on a SR22 (position D/E) IS allowed. If it were a SafeSeat or Graco SR32 or 35 it would still be allowed (position D).

What you are thinking about is position C on a SR22, lowered to the back of the carrier, which is not permitted. (neither is position B)

babyblue_sp

The seatbelt routes around the back of the seat, much like a European seat. Having the seatbelt routed like that will help prevent over rotation, I think. However, the coccoro is the only convertible seat on the US market to use this configuration.

Thats pretty cool. (I obviously haven't been lurking for awhile!)

MissAllyLou

I thought it was a Graco. I am sorry. It would seem that the structural integrity would be improved by my advice... However I'm sure Britax knows better.

An easy way to tell that Dillipop's infant seat is NOT a Graco is by the anti-rebound bar up against the back of the vehicle seat. There are only two companies in the US that make infant seats with the anti-rebound bar (Britax and Compass).

Last edited:

Corey_Proud_Daddy

An easy way to tell that Dillipop's infant seat is NOT a Graco is by the anti-rebound bar up against the back of the vehicle seat. There are only to companies in the US that make infant seats with the anti-rebound bar (Britax and Compass).

I am completely aware of the Britax rebound, but I only glanced at he pic ... thanx for the tip none the less.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Other easy ways to distinguish between Britax and Graco seats would be the different base, different handle shape, lack of large grey circle on the handle, red "buttons" - as opposed to grey ones - that move the handle between positions, the vastly different shapes of the stickers, lack of giant red handle on back of seat to remove from base - and of course, the rebound bar. Surely I'm missing some others?

Corey_Proud_Daddy

Other easy ways to distinguish between Britax and Graco seats would be the different base, different handle shape, lack of large grey circle on the handle, red "buttons" - as opposed to grey ones - that move the handle between positions, the vastly different shapes of the stickers, lack of giant red handle on back of seat to remove from base - and of course, the rebound bar. Surely I'm missing some others?

When did this turn into a carrier identification thread?

Corey_Proud_Daddy

I do wonder how the handle being out in the air would not be better then it bracing the back of the carrier from the cars front seats. More energy absorbing it would seem...

MissAllyLou

I do wonder how the handle being out in the air would not be better then it bracing the back of the carrier from the cars front seats. More energy absorbing it would seem...

Some aren't reinforced and would shatter upon any sort of impact, giving another chance for injuries that wouldn't have been there before. The idea of child safety restraints are to eliminate and prevent injuries.... so the handle positions, in my eyes, would be another piece of the prevention part.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
hey, isn't there a thread somewhere where the handles, their positions and the reasons for them have been discussed? maybe w/ crash test data that indicates why things are as they are?

it seems a shame to continue to derail Dilli's excellent 3 across in this way. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC