I thought he'd have more room than that in the Radian!

zactayaus

Comparison pics of Gavin in the RN and MA in post #31.

We've had this seat for a few weeks now and I've tried installing it several times more upright in the seating position I want it in with both seat belt and latch (not at the same time;)) and it's just not working. I decided to try Gavin out in it any way tonight on a short trip to the IL's and I was shocked at the amount of room he didn't have left. I know he'd fit RF'ing in it for a long time yet but I just thought he'd have so much more room above his head.

Here's a couple pics (he's only 20 months old:eek:):

100_2134.jpg

100_2133.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Wow that is one long torso!

For what it's worth, my oldest had less room when we bought her Radian80 at 25m, and she fit heightwise in it until age 4.

zactayaus

:eek: Hope you can get it to work cause I think you're going to need the room he does have!

I'm actually trading it back to Monstah on Tuesday. It was her's and she traded me for my MR. Now I'm trading her RN back for her RA55 or possibly back for the MR or I may trade for one and buy the other. Not sure yet.:p I just hate how reclined the RN is in DH's truck. I seriously think if I could have gotten it more upright he'd have more room to grow (I think). He's in an MA in my truck which I absolutely love and he has maybe 3" of shell left.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Seriously? Whoa! Was he sitting on a phone book? LOL, that is a long torso. Hopefully he'll be one of those kiddos that stops growing torso and just starts growing legs.

zactayaus

Seriously? Whoa! Was he sitting on a phone book? LOL, that is a long torso. Hopefully he'll be one of those kiddos that stops growing torso and just starts growing legs.

Yeah, I know he recently had a growing spurt and I thought maybe it was in his legs but apparently not! I weighed him today and he has gained a whole pound in just 2 months but I didn't measure him. I'm thinking he also grew an inch or two. He is so tall. When we were at a party last night someone asked me if he was 2 1/2yo! I was like no, he's just barely over 1 1/2yo.

ETA: The second to the top slots are just slightly above his shoulder so I had the harness on the 3rd slot down but it was so far below his shoulders I felt like the straps were going to slip off his shoulders. I believe his torso height is around 13-14".

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That looks like a 50* angle, holy cow! He's longer in torso than my almost-4yo (although I have a much more upright install, which definitely helps.)

I think I smell a CA in your future...

zactayaus

I'm curious where his shoulders were. I think Kezi's head is close to the same.

I had just added this to the post above yours:

ETA: The second to the top slots are just slightly above his shoulder so I had the harness on the 3rd slot down but it was so far below his shoulders I felt like the straps were going to slip off his shoulders. I believe his torso height is around 13-14".

AtTheSouthDam

Yeah, I definitely think he would have more room than that if it was more upright. My 4.5 year old has more room, though she's this ** close to out weighing it.

Pixels

He must have a long neck or tall head or something. His shoulders aren't much above DD's, but his head certainly is. DD still has an inch of growing room in the Coccoro and in the ComfortSport.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC