Which takes less room

scoutingbear

So, I'm looking at a seat for M for the nanny's car and a new one for my parents suburban. She is so tiny, I could probably get a decent lifespan out of an infant seat (which we don't currently have). Ideally each of the cars would have their own seat for her and I wouldn't have to share. The nanny drives a 2 door Mitsubishi something or other with only 2 seat belts in the backseat. Anyway, for a 5 month old, which would take up less front to back room (hypothetically), a scenera or a bucket seat? Good news is that the nanny is short so her seat isn't all the way back. ;)

ADS

Kat_Momof3

with a 2-door, I think I'd go for an infant seat just because of the PITA it is to adjust a rearfacing seat in there... a bucket can be pulled out for doing that and put back in, even if it isn't used as a carrier.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I agree, IF the short nanny can manage to lift it in and out, even with a heavier child (your munchkin could probably make it all the way to 30 plus lbs. in a SR35 or OB35.)

If that's going to be a problem, a convertible might be a better choice, and she can always climb in the back to buckle. Takes more time, but less lifting.

scoutingbear

Hard to think of her being 30lbs since we still haven't made it to 11lbs yet! I guess it's time to start looking at sales of seats.

Kat_Momof3

in the other thread, I linked you to some sales at albeebaby.com on snugride 22s

I'm not really worried about her rearfacing yet in a seat past that point, since she's tiny, and to cut down on the expense of a spare seat

Mommy2Marcus

I have to agree that an infant seat will be easier for her. However it is not to terribly bad with a small baby RF in a convertible in a 2 door. It is when they get older & bigger that it becomes a PITB. :twocents:

You might want to talk to her about it & maybe even take her shopping with her car to try both a convertible & an infant seat out. She may find she likes the convertible better, but she may also be happier with an infant seat. I would let her help decide which one she wants since she will be the one using it the most.

Another thing if she does decide on a convertible, let her know that loading while climbing into the back seat from the opposite side the seat is on is easiest. It sounds like a real PITB, but it is SOOOO much easier this way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC