News Peg Perego Consumer Information Notice

featherhead

I haven't seen this yet. Sorry if it was already posted somewhere. I got it in an email from my instructor today. I'm sure it's on the TC website as well.

Importer and Distributor:
Peg Perego Canada Inc.
585 Granite Court
Pickering ON L1W 3K1
Consumer Contact:
1-800-661-5050
Models Affected:
Primo Viaggio SIP

Dates of Manufacture:
September, 2005 – July 15, 2010
Number of Units:
Geographic Distribution:
Across Canada

Issue:
During Transport Canada research testing, it was found in certain situations, that when the front vehicle seat back is in close proximity to the recommended in-vehicle location of the carrying handle of the Peg Perego SIP infant carrier, the carrying handle might contact the vehicle seat back in a frontal collision. Should contact take place there may be an elevated risk of injury to the child.

Upon receiving this information, Peg Perego performed dynamic testing on the infant carrier with the carrying handle in different positions to ensure that any change would not affect the performance of the infant carrier. Through their testing, Peg Perego has determined that the carrying handle can be located in either of two positions while travelling in a vehicle. Position A (original position) is located at the top edge of the infant carrier and Position B is located forward of the carrier and resting on the vehicle’s rear seat back. (Insert diagrams) Position A is suitable when there is not contact between the carry handle and the vehicle’s front seat back.

The instruction manual has been revised with the correct information and new labeling for the carrying handle is being made available.

Consumer Recourse:

Consumers may call the Peg Perego Canada Inc. helpline at 1-800-661-5050 to request a free copy of the revised instruction manual and a revised label to be placed on the handle.

ADS

featherhead

Yeah, I don't see it on the TC site either. Where did your instructor get it?

I assume she got it directly from TC. She said it was only issued this morning.

"Please be aware of two new notices from Transport Canada issued this morning.

Contact information for concerned parents are provided on each notice, as well as actions to take if they have one of the seats."

The other one she is talking about it the Maestro, which has already been discussed, so I didn't post it.

canadiangie

Someone quickly clarify for me what positions are allowed please.

The original position (A -- rotated back behind canopy), and what else?? Rotated forward and locked into anti rebound position above baby's feet?? :confused: (I don't see any diagrams on my screen).

selinajean

The original position (A -- rotated back behind canopy), and what else?? Rotated forward and locked into anti rebound position above baby's feet?? :confused: (I don't see any diagrams on my screen).

That is my understanding from the description too.

featherhead

There were no diagrams in the email. I'm guessing once it's on TC's website there will be diagrams.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This should be position now allowed that's shown in this picture from the European site:
PHGAL_00000014_PHOTO_00000008.jpg

I had always wondered what that position of the handle was for until I came across a European picture a number of months ago - at which point I started wondering why it wasn't an allowed position on the North American models. LOL

In Europe it is the car position period from what I understand.

QuassEE

I wonder if there's any rebound benefit there? The Inglesina Huggy has that same handle position and it's advertised as beneficial for rebound protection.

-N.

snowbird25ca

I wonder if there's any rebound benefit there? The Inglesina Huggy has that same handle position and it's advertised as beneficial for rebound protection.

-N.

I suspect so. I think it's why it's required to be there in the European version of the seat actually - and it's probably not required to be there in North American seats because we're obsessed with "cocooning" here and they figured parents would be more willing to put the handle down than to put it forward...

If I was using an infant seat with the choice of all the way back or else forward like that, I would choose forward every time. But I'm a big believer in anti-rebound protection...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC