More questions... 2 rfing in a 99 corolla

dubhreubel

Background: I have a 21 month old DD rfing in a MyRide 65 outboard passengers side (the only position it will fit in) and a newborn on the way. I need to find a seat that will fit outboard drivers side (or middle position, puzzled with the MyRide65) for my DD or the new baby. Drivers side has to be back almost all the way or DH can't drive.

I tried a scenera as upright as possible for my DD behind the drivers side, it doesn't fit. :thumbsdown: My only other possibility that I can think of is a truefit for the babe drivers side, and I plan to goto BRU to try that theory soon. We're on a severely limited budget, I'll do what I can to make it work, but I'm starting to resign myself to having to turn DD ffing when the new babe gets here in a couple of months.

ADS

amelia222

I'd give the truefit a try. The only other thing I can think of at the moment is if there is any possible way you can afford a radian, I've heard they play well with the myride since they sit so low and will fit under the cupholder, but I haven't seen it in person to know for sure.

hopefully someone else will have a brilliant idea for you

dubhreubel

I've thought about it, but I don't know if it would fit in the middle... I love our Myride, I really do, but man is it making my life difficult right now!

amelia222

Is there anywhere near you that sells radians so you could try one out just to see?

I know what you mean about the myride. We have a love/hate relationship :rolleyes:

dubhreubel

Yeah, there's a (fairly) local place that sells radians... I don't know if they let you try them out or not though.... But I can try to get out there this Saturday.. If it's the only option that works, I'll figure out some way to get one, but man, the price! I should be able to go to BRU tonight to try the truefit at least.

dubhreubel

Okay, we tried every seat we could, including infant seats.... Nothing fits. My only other alternative that I can see is turning my DD ffing, and I really, really am not comfortable doing that. I'm pretty much desperate for alternative, so any suggestions, let them fly.

I'm starting to think DD will have to go behind DH, so what's the rfing seat that takes up the smallest space front to back in a recline set for a toddler? If there's a seriously small bucket seat available, I'll consider that as well. DD is 25lbs, 12" torso height (sitting, bum to shoulder) and 32.5" total.

I'm in the KW are, has anybody heard of this place? http://www.infantandtoddlersafety.ca/index.php
Are there any techs or anything in the area that might be able to help me?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Did you try the thread with the tricks for getting a Radian more upright? If it could go in the middle or outboard, the MyRide should puzzle over it nicely, and the baby could have the MyRide...

Did you check this thread for a tech near you?

dubhreubel

Did you try the thread with the tricks for getting a Radian more upright? If it could go in the middle or outboard, the MyRide should puzzle over it nicely, and the baby could have the MyRide...

Did you check this thread for a tech near you?

There's nothing really close tech-wise, and we can't travel far unfortunately...

I'll hunt down the radian thread though, maybe that will work.

dubhreubel

Update, in case a searcher has a similar issue... The complete air fit rfing drivers side, just barely, but it fits! I'll be trying a safeseat32 behind the passengers side (for the new babe) tonight or tomorrow, but I know something will fit there, since I don't have to have the passengers seat all the way back.

Anjer

my only other suggestion for you would have been (sorry I just saw this thread now...) to go with a True Fit for babe as you can use it with the top head peice off making it a smaller profile seat. And then once babe hits the 22lb mark and needing the headrest back on, perhaps you could FF your older dd in it at that point, and move babe to the MyRide. Given your dd1 is only 25lbs now, it could be over a year before babe hits the 22lb limit if they follow the same genetics, giving your dd1 that entire time continued RFing.

But if you've bought the Complete Air already and it works for you, then no worries! ;)

Cheers,
Anjer - CPST in ON

dubhreubel

We tried the TF, both upright for DD and without the headrest for an infant, it was just a tiny bit too big lol. I am considering selling the myride and getting a TF for the bean passengers side (I don't like buckets) because it would give me a ton of legroom, the seat only needs to be two clicks forwards to make the TF work.

I'm 37 weeks in two days, and I *just* got this figured out yesterday!

abacus2

Based on my short experience trying a MyRide next to a Radian, those seats puzzle well together and have a decent chance of working side by side. Another thing to try is to make sure that the driver's seat is as upright as possible. You can gain room for a rear-facing seat that way without compromising the driver's legroom.

Anjer

Hummm... I haven't owned either of the MR or TF but have installed a few at clinics and played with them, and if it were down to the two seats for me, I think I would likely stick with the MR. It seems like such a nice plush seat, and has a higher RFing limit for your dd... installs pretty easy (as does the TF)...

Just curious what makes you consider switching to the TF from the MR?

Cheers,
Anjer ;)
CPST in ON

dubhreubel

Actually, the only reason would be leg room for the passenger. The Myride takes up a LOT of room in my car, even as upright as possible. If we had a bigger car, I wouldn't consider it, I love it, and so does DD.

I also like the removeable headrest feature if I bought relatively soon, since I have a newborn on the way

Anjer

fair enough on the leg room - sorry I didn't get that from the posts above. ;)

And yes the removable head rest is a neat feature for sure. But not necessary if you were using the seat for your older child. For sure a bonus for a wee babe though!

Cheers,
Anjer ;)

dubhreubel

It's been nice, we installed the CA drivers side, and took out the MR passengers side, and I suddenly have so much more space! I love it. I wasn't eating the dash or anything, but I am tall, and getting big pregnancy wise, so any extra room is much appreciated lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC