What do you hate about a KF30?

geberika

CPS Technician
I want a KF30 ::bag::

I have absolutely no need for it -- I have a SS1 for "Tax Deduction" that is fine. But at the most recent hospital class I co-taught, I checked installs on a bunch of them and they're so freakin' cool -- and cute! I love the green one! -- and easy to install.

So, remind me what sucks about them so I'll stop coveting one :D I do not need another seat!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's an infant seat. :duck:

Other than that, uh, sometimes the insert pushes noob's heads forward a bit? (Sometimes not.) And, uh, oh! Some people say the fabric is sweaty. And the shell is so short there's no way most kids get to 30 in it. There you go.

christineka

The price? Would have been even better for less.

The canopy wasn't that great, not that I had much use for one anyway.

I'm sad that I sold mine, though I don't need it. Should I have a surprise 7th baby, I'll buy another.

glockchick

The only thing I didn't like was the canopy. It was smallish and fitted on the back so you couldn't adjust it farther to block the sun coming in a back window.

I loved it way more than I hated it though. ;) It's my favorite infant seat next to the Fisher Price Stay-In-View that is no longer made. That was my all time favorite because of the antirebound protection and the fabric carry strap instead of a hard carry handle.

Brycen'sMommy

The fabric is so sweaty. My poor baby would be drenched when I would take her out and she would scream the whole time she was in it. We recently switched her to a Roundabout 55 and she is never sweaty and always happy in it so I know it was the KF and not just her.

The canopy is also so small and won't rotate forward like on the Snugrides. I would always have to use a blanket to keep the sun out of her eyes.

I haven't decided if I am going to sell it or keep it for the next baby because there were some things I really liked about it too.

Spam

The price, the canopy, and fabric isn't too great. I'm not crazy about the fit on T, the strap by the hip twists or bends almost in half to fit the buckle if that makes any sense. I'm thinking about selling mine.

scoutingbear

Borrowing one right now in exchange for M's Radian. I don't like it as much as her CCO. She sits very deep in it and it makes it harder to buckle her in. But, other than that, uh, the canopy. Yeah, doesn't do much.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Price, canopy, it doesn't fit in any other strollers (not any I've seen) like the snap n go, and it has a short shell. As it was, my ds2 was out of the SS1 by 11 months with his super long torso. If I had used a KF, he'd have been out by 7 months at the latest.

Kegracin

I'm not crazy about the fit on T, the strap by the hip twists or bends almost in half to fit the buckle if that makes any sense. I'm thinking about selling mine.

Ugh I didnt like that part of the seat along with the fabric it made the first baby that used it very hot, but baby #2 didn't care.

glockchick

it doesn't fit in any other strollers (not any I've seen) like the snap n go,

It slid perfectly into my Mac Quest. Made for a very compact "travel system". ;)

The fabric I had was a soft cotton feeling fabric and not hot at all.
DSCN3688.jpg

Awww! He was so tiny. :love:
chicco.jpg

My sister and I must make short torsoed babies. Caleb was in his until it was crashed when he was 15 months old. My sister's son is 22 months old and still barely fits in his.

luckyclov

I had a 22, but I wanna play anyways!

I didn't *hate* anything, but the canopy could have been a little better. And I wish it was around back when my big kids were newbies. I know a lot of people claim the fabric makes their babies sweat...but my babies/kids break out in a sweat when it's 14 degrees outside, so it didn't make a difference to me.

Ummm, that's about it.:p

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The canopy and the buckles that don't slide freely. I see a lot of parents that have the harness tight on the shoulders, but there is slack across the hips because the harness gets stuck in the buckles.

MissAllyLou

Maybe post in swap and see if someone wants to trade theirs for an SS1. It is getting colder, someone might want a bucket that'll last a little longer. :twocents:

essnce629

I LOVED my Keyfit 30, BUT I wish the canopy was bigger and that the seatback was taller so that my long-torsoed DS2 wouldn't have outgrown it by height at 9 months old and only 19lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC