65# Maestro - is it for sure?

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Is the Meastro coming out in a 65# version? We are car shopping for dh. He really wants a somewhat older explorer, so I need dd2 harnessed in the back middle. The Meastro would be perfect if it went to 65#. She's already 40# and our ds who is a year older is over 50#, so the 50# limit won't last long.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Re: 65# Meastro - is it for sure?

Nothing is "for sure" until it hits the shelves, but IMO/IME Evenflo usually comes through on its teases.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

No idea, though it does seem to be Evenflo's plan. What with the EFTA65, Symphony65, Generations65.

It's Maestro, though. Not Meastro.

Wendy

jessi f

If they do I hope the 50# ones go on a really awesome sale so I can snag one for grandma's car :D

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member

Unless they make it taller though, it's not likely going to be needed. The 50lbs weight limit for it's harness height is pretty realistic unless your kid is on the huskier side. A more proportioned child will likely outgrow it by height and weight about the same time.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

My child is solid, but not really "husky", and at 50" and 60#, she can (barely) fit in a Maestro harness but has obviously outgrown the seat by weight. I agree that not all kids will make it to 65# in a Maestro, but there are plenty who will make it past 50#.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

I think even a few of my kids would make it past 50 in the Maestro by height. And I've got tall kids not unduly husky for their size.

The full 65? Maybe not. But some kids would for sure. Maybe many, even. And I am absolutely certain that MANY would make it past 50 if it were rated past that.

christineka

My dds weigh 61 and 66 pounds. They have 18 inch torsoes. I think a 65 pound limit on the maestro would be a good thing.

Shaunam

I have a skinny kid and I'm pretty sure he could benefit from a higher weight limit on that seat. A full 65 lbs? Probably not, but like I said, he's skinny and lots of kids are not. If they raise the weight limit and keep it the same price I'm going to be THRILLED. :thumbsup:

Jennifer mom to my 7

My child is solid, but not really "husky", and at 50" and 60#, she can (barely) fit in a Maestro harness but has obviously outgrown the seat by weight. I agree that not all kids will make it to 65# in a Maestro, but there are plenty who will make it past 50#.

My long torsoed dd would have outgrown the nautilus at about 60 pounds and 47 inches at just under 5 years old.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Ds2 is 50+#, 44", 4y. He was still had lots of harness room in the Maestro.

Dd2 is 40+#, 34", 3y. She had even more room.

Our kids start growing longer legs around 4y it seems which really helps

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member

Unless they make it taller though, it's not likely going to be needed. The 50lbs weight limit for it's harness height is pretty realistic unless your kid is on the huskier side. A more proportioned child will likely outgrow it by height and weight about the same time.

I don't agree. The top harness slots on the Maestro are TALL. My dd has close to 18 inch torso and she is 53+ lbs. She is 100% average for height and weight. Right at 50% or 60%. MANY kids will outgrow it by weight before height with the current weight limit.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor

I have a skinny kid and I'm pretty sure he could benefit from a higher weight limit on that seat. A full 65 lbs? Probably not, but like I said, he's skinny and lots of kids are not. If they raise the weight limit and keep it the same price I'm going to be THRILLED. :thumbsup:

That would be frickin fantabulous!!! I've run into several kids for whom it was not ideal b/c the 50# limit.

Jennifer mom to my 7

That would be frickin fantabulous!!! I've run into several kids for whom it was not ideal b/c the 50# limit.

And I should add, my neice has a much shorter torso than my 4.5 year old, but is taller, and about the same weight. My dd would have outgrown the maestro by height, or be close to it, at 44.75 inches and 48 pounds. My neice, would have plenty of harness room, but outgrow it by weight in the next few months or so.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC