I passed!!! I passed!!!!!

dragonfly8

I am now a shiney new CRST..........I got 96% on the exam. Some of the questions were worded really strangely........and some were quite outdated, but I aced it!!! (apparently, I got the highest mark in the class), so it pays to be the keener in the class!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I'm now going to treat myself to a pizza........my hubby is out for the evening, so I might as well!

ADS

dragonfly8

I thought she was nice. Very funny and not boring at all, which was a bonus!
We basically went to vehicles of other "students" in the parkade, here and there over the two days. It was easy, at least that part, for me but I also know more than the average person when it comes to seats and installation. Some of the people had no clue. And that's scary, seeing as they're going to be able to "teach" the general public about the proper ways.

It was very obvious that most of the other people there didn't want to be, but a few seemed genuinely interested. I got a 96% on the test! Yay me!
It for sure was alot of info in such a short time, and really, the hands on part was not nearly enough, but again, it wasn't new to me so it was fine. There were a few paramedics, firefighters, some people from Four Feathers aborigional place, some people from Villa Rosa..............and me. The only keener that was there on her own will.......................

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
So are you done now or you still need to do the one clinic with actual seats/vehicles from the public? Or is that even in your curriculum? I am curious if the SJA national certification program does not even have a standard required hrs and components across Canada.

Ours here has 2 days of theory and one day of actual clinic. During these two days we do out to our own vehicles to check the seatbelts and we have carseats/boosters on hand to check for mis-uses. A tech does not get his/her certification until all 3 days are completed and the exam passed.

Just curious and other techs can also chime in if you wish. Thanks.

dragonfly8

So are you done now or you still need to do the one clinic with actual seats/vehicles from the public? Or is that even in your curriculum? I am curious if the SJA national certification program does not even have a standard required hrs and components across Canada.

Ours here has 2 days of theory and one day of actual clinic. During these two days we do out to our own vehicles to check the seatbelts and we have carseats/boosters on hand to check for mis-uses. A tech does not get his/her certification until all 3 days are completed and the exam passed.

Just curious and other techs can also chime in if you wish. Thanks.

Hmmm, the instructor just said she'd be in touch that I would be receiving a "kit" at some point. She also said we were welcome to join her in a clinic in the next couple of months..........so I'm not sure if it's required or not. I would hope it would be..........but I'll let you know when I find out for sure!

Yay you. WTG!

I was the only in my class that was there of my own free will (& there were only 4 of us) & the only to get a 100% on all 3 tests (thx to knowledge I have from our smart ones here).

dragonfly8

Yay you. WTG!

I was the only in my class that was there of my own free will (& there were only 4 of us) & the only to get a 100% on all 3 tests (thx to knowledge I have from our smart ones here).

There were approx 20 people in my class, and I know another one is being run this week.............busy busy!

WTG to you too! 100%!!!

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
When I took the exam before teaching the class for the first time, I still got one wrong. One darn question that was totally phrased to trick people and be read two different ways ;)

Congrats :) :)

-Nicole.

skaterbabs

When I took the exam before teaching the class for the first time, I still got one wrong. One darn question that was totally phrased to trick people and be read two different ways ;)

Congrats :) :)

-Nicole.

Me too. My instructors told me I overthought the test. lol

Congrats!

cdncasper

Jeanie gets use to do 10 carseat inspections a year to keep us certified. The kit is really nice to have and I am glad they supply it (and will give more noodles, pamplets as needed). The clinics are held at MPI collision centers and are sometimes really crazy busy and sometimes so boring (but they always supply lunch)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC