MyRide 65

U

Unregistered

Anyone have one of these? Is this a good option for extended RF compaired to a Britax Marathon? My son is outgrowing his snug ride. He's already 26" at six months.
Thanks!

ADS

Pixels

Many board members have MyRides. The shell height is very similar to the Marathon, so both seats will be outgrown by height at about the same time. The MyRide does have a substantially lower price tag, and an extra 5 pounds compared to the Marathon (40 pounds vs 35). I believe the MR also gives more leg room than the MA.

How is he outgrowing the SnugRide? And which SnugRide is it (what's the weight limit)?

Other popular extended rear facing options are the Radians, Complete Air, TrueFit, Evenflo Triumph Advance.

mommycat

I have the MR and like it a lot. I sold an MA and replaced with a MR because my son reached the 30lb RF weight limit on the MA. In terms of shell height and top slot height the two seats are very similar, and which one lasts longer may at times depend on the vehicle you are installing in. For a very TALL baby neither will last as long as a few other seats as they aren't really that tall. I would also consider the Sunshine Kids Radian (various models), the Safety 1st Complete Air and the First Years True Fit (for a tall but lighter baby - only 35lbs RF). I have to run but that should start you off on some reading. :)

How much does your baby weigh? Is he outgrowing the SR by height or weight?

featherhead

Since the OP is from Canada, the MyRide actually provides 10 more pounds for rear-facing, though of course the shell is the same height, so many kids will not actually make 40 lbs in it rear-facing. I do like my MyRide, but I prefer my Radian. It is much taller, and will last rear-facing quite a bit longer. Can you tell us how much your little guy weighs, and what vehicle you drive?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC