Flying Air Transat to Ireland - 16" c/s stipulation?

LittlePeanut

Has anyone flown on Air Transat (Canada to Ireland) with an XT or other car seat?

A friend of mine will be travelling to Ireland this year and was just reading over AT's info for flying with children. It stated that the car seat may not exceed 16". She just bought 2 new RX XT car seats on my recommendation for her 4.75 y/o 40 lbs and 2.5 y/o 30 lb kids. I just measure my XT and it is 17" at it's widest point (the head wings) but it's only ~11" across the seat bight and ~14" across front where the legs rest.

Personally, I don't think this will be a problem but I would like feedback from others who have BTDT with this airline. Anyone? Does a seat that is less than 16" across even exist?!

I do know that the RN meets CMVSS 213 and 213.1 as well as FMVSS and is "certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft".

Air Transat car seat info

TIA

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Generally that 16 inches means at the spot where the armrests are. The Radians should fit even if there are fixed armrests because as you noted the 17 inches is not until further up.

mommycat

I'm pretty sure the width is stated to make sure the seats will fit in the airline seat and allow the armrests to go down. She should be fine travelling with the Radians, IMO.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC