Toys R US/Babies R Us flyer starting Feb 12

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
There are 2 seats on sale, both of which are special purchases.

Combi Center DX is on for $89.99. I don't know much about installation of this seat as I've never done one, but it does have the rule of handle UP in car when travelling.

2nd special purchase seat has me annoyed. It's an alpha omega for $129.99. BUT it's one of the old shells - 30lb rf'ing, 40lb ff'ing; top headrest position can't be used with harness. Built in booby-trap seat plus sucky weight limits. It will be the only infant/child or infant/child/booster in the store with a 40lb max ff'ing limit. :thumbsdown:

My poor dh had to listen to me rant about what a ridiculous seat to have for a special purchase. People are going to come in by the dozens to buy it at this price - when they can buy a 35/50 one at walmart for the same price (just doesn't have the red tabs for adjusting the headrest from the front.) Of course I won't be able to send people to walmart to get the seat with the better weight limit... But dang it all!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
People are going to come in by the dozens to buy it at this price - when they can buy a 35/50 one at walmart for the same price (just doesn't have the red tabs for adjusting the headrest from the front.) Of course I won't be able to send people to walmart to get the seat with the better weight limit... But dang it all!

Well, that's a big ol' bunch of stupid. I'd be banging my head against the wall for sure!

The Centre is nice from what I've seen of it. :) I like the Combi infant seats for the most part. :)

canadiangie

I had the Combi seat. It was fine. The built-on lockoff can be a bit of a pain -- it requires that you weave the seatbelt under it when the seatbelt is pulled tight... a little tough.

dearbornbaby.com has the Centre for $69 right now, but shipping would be about $20 I think, not sure. Wonder if this is the last we'll see of Combi infant seats up here??

As for the 3-in-1 seats on clearance, yeah, that stinks. :thumbsdown:

Lea_Ontario

My supervisor got a kick out of me last night as I was in the back room having a little fit about what a horrible seat it was, old shell design, and all - as she was sorting up about 150 tickets for the blimey thing.

ARGH !!

snowbird25ca

My supervisor got a kick out of me last night as I was in the back room having a little fit about what a horrible seat it was, old shell design, and all - as she was sorting up about 150 tickets for the blimey thing.

ARGH !!

Oh geez, 150 tickets is worse than I was expecting. I figured 40 or 50, but if you got 150, we have that many too. :rolleyes:

How many of the Combi Center did you get?

(I go back to work tonight, so I'll have my own answers then, lol)

Shanora

Ugh, want me to come in tonight trudy and just hang out in that section and tell people to NOT buy it and to go to wal-mart to by the better one....LMAO.

:thumbsdown: *sigh*

snowbird25ca

I hope they are at least clearing out all the old stock and they will be gone after that?

I'm hoping that Dorel decided to get rid of all the old 40lb shells, yep, that's my hope.

This is a pattern that we've never carried before, and I've never seen sold elsewhere. So that means that it was made specifically for this special purchase sale. The good thing about special purchases is they're not stocked regularly - we'll get a ton in, but when they're gone, they're gone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC