How long do you think my DS would have left in a Coccoro?

oxeye

I have some unexpected money and I want this seat again! (I had ordered it several months back but it didn't install well in the position I had it in, but I think I can get it in better in another seating position).

DS is just below the 2nd slots in his Marathon and just above the third slots in his Radian XT (with the memory foam - I think that boosts them up a little higher).

So what do you think? I'm not going to do it if he'll outgrow it in 6 months. He's a good sized baby - 85% percentile height with a 12" torso (and a HUGE head).

ADS

autumnlily

Are his stats current in your siggie?

My Etta is slightly at or above the third slot in the Radian 65 and has at least 3 to 4 inches above her head in the CCO. I plan on taking pictures soon of my ERF children for the WA website. My Grace is at or below (ever so slight difference) the third slot of the Radian and has a 99% head circumference (the rest of her body is bone and skin (tiny frame) and also has at least 4 inches above her head. She has nearly 3 inches left in the roundabout.

My oldest DD was 37" & 30lb when she had 1.5" above her head in the CCO. Torso height was around 14" at the time. She is now 38" and 32.5lbs... I can do a check tomorrow on her fit RF in the CCO. I'll try to dig up some photo's from a few months ago.

oxeye

Yup, those are his current stats.

I would love to see pics of how your kiddos fit in it.

daniele_ut

My 21 month old dd is about the size of your 9 month old, lol! She's 30.5 inches and weighs right around 20 lbs and this is how she fits in her new Coccoro:

DSC03131.jpg

soygurl

Hahaha... Roxie, I think you *might* have a little bit of a car seat addiction! :p
I saw the title of this tread, and that you posted it, so I click thinking "Uh... Roxie? Don't you HAVE a Coccoro?" :scratcheshead:
(Vickie and John mentioned to me what a pain it was to install in my tech class :rolleyes:).
If you end up getting another one I want to play with it next time I visit my family! :whistle: :D

oxeye

Yeah, the Coccoro went back after my tech class when me, Vickie, and John couldn't get the darn thing in there acceptably. LOL that they are still talking about it. (I'm surprised they aren't talking about the three across I did in my car on one of the skills tests, hehe). I was very, very sad to send it back and I haven't stopped missing it.

The thing is, we only tried installing it outboard. I ended up going with three Radians in that car, but with two of them RF I had to put the FF seat behind the driver to give enough room for my 6'2" DH. I had wanted to avoid putting DD1 FF outboard but since that is the situation now anyway, I might as well put DS in the Coccoro in the center (since that is where his Radian is). The CCO would fit better in that position than the Radian if it installs well. And I did a CCO install at a checkpoint in a Jetta in the center position and it went it absolutely wonderfully. The Jetta is very similar to my Passat so I'm thinking the install may work fine in the center. And if not, I could send it back again. :(

This was DS in the CCO when I first got it about three months ago. He was about 3-3.5 pounds lighter and nearly 2 inches shorter. What do you think? Enough growing room to justify buying it (again)? I want a Carrot Cake this time. :love:

CIMG5125.jpg

CIMG5127.jpg

CIMG5129.jpg

(excuse the fact that I am strangling my child with the chest clip - he is obviously not in the car, LOL)

oxeye

My 21 month old dd is about the size of your 9 month old, lol! She's 30.5 inches and weighs right around 20 lbs and this is how she fits in her new Coccoro:

Wow, she has a ton of room for her age! What a cutie. My DS is on the tall side like I said. I think it's funny because I looked in her baby book and DD2 was 30.5 inches at her 2 year doctor's appointment - just 2 inches taller than DS now. Of course, the tall baby was more expected than the teeny tiny one given their 6'2" father.

autumnlily

Here is my old thread with pictures of DD1 in the seat at 3.5 years old. I don't have recent photo's yet.. today was a bit busy :)

This Thread

**There is more leg room in the CCO than in the photos... this is because I did not have the vehicle seat reclined properly with the CCO installed at the time of photos.**

I'm not use to boy growth rates - but, perhaps he has another year RF in a CCO. My girls are 20 months old and one of the twins is nearly identical in her big sisters growth pattern/rate while the other twin is a few lbs less and an inch or so shorter. My kids will make it beyond the age of 3 rear facing in the CCO (not sure about the leg room issue... but shell height - they will be fine).

oxeye

Thank you for posting that link autumnlily! That was very helpful. (LOL love the Sienna seat out of the car. I may try that with my Sienna sometime I am bored and feel like doing lots and lots of installs).

I am leaning towards ordering it. I could get a good deal with diapers.com and have it by Saturday. :whistle:

autumnlily

The 'five clicks' for latch install and one pool noodle made ALL THE DIFFERENCE in a good install with the Sienna seat. Oh, yes, it was fun to play with the seat in the house.

I just took my CPST course (Vancouver, WA) and my DH asked if I was bringing in the sienna seat again to play with installs... I said, yep, most likely!

soygurl

Oh and we have a deal as long as you bring your TF so I can play with that!
If I still have it... I'm seriously considering selling it and getting a XTSL (all your fault!). :rolleyes:
Yeah, the Coccoro went back after my tech class when me, Vickie, and John couldn't get the darn thing in there acceptably. LOL that they are still talking about it. (I'm surprised they aren't talking about the three across I did in my car on one of the skills tests, hehe). I was very, very sad to send it back and I haven't stopped missing it.

The thing is, we only tried installing it outboard. I ended up going with three Radians in that car, but with two of them RF I had to put the FF seat behind the driver to give enough room for my 6'2" DH. I had wanted to avoid putting DD1 FF outboard but since that is the situation now anyway, I might as well put DS in the Coccoro in the center (since that is where his Radian is). The CCO would fit better in that position than the Radian if it installs well. And I did a CCO install at a checkpoint in a Jetta in the center position and it went it absolutely wonderfully. The Jetta is very similar to my Passat so I'm thinking the install may work fine in the center. And if not, I could send it back again. :(

This was DS in the CCO when I first got it about three months ago. He was about 3-3.5 pounds lighter and nearly 2 inches shorter. What do you think? Enough growing room to justify buying it (again)? I want a Carrot Cake this time. :love:
I think they brought it up because I mentioned the TF for some reason and they were making a point about how "you'll NEVER see any of those seats at a check... hey remember Roxie and her Coccoro? UGH! Such a pain to install!" LOL :p They'll probably be talking about how John made me cry during the last skills test for years to come! :eek:
It looks to me like your DS would have plenty of grow room to "justify" it (of course that depends on your definition of justify, but I'm a car seat enabler so... :rolleyes:). Of course, I'm totally in love with the Key Lime, but Carrot Cake is my second favorite! ;)

oxeye

I think they brought it up because I mentioned the TF for some reason and they were making a point about how "you'll NEVER see any of those seats at a check... hey remember Roxie and her Coccoro? UGH! Such a pain to install!" LOL :p

Oh see, that's really funny because we DID see a Coccoro at a AAA check a couple months later. And they only think it was a pain to install because they tried it in my car where we ultimately decided it was incompatible. I got it in the car that came it with it at the AAA check very easily.

I think I am going to do it. And I'm going to cry if I have to send it back again!

I don't think you should sell the TF, but I do think you should get an XTSL. See, I'm a carseat enabler too. :p

oxeye

The 'five clicks' for latch install and one pool noodle made ALL THE DIFFERENCE in a good install with the Sienna seat. Oh, yes, it was fun to play with the seat in the house.

I just took my CPST course (Vancouver, WA) and my DH asked if I was bringing in the sienna seat again to play with installs... I said, yep, most likely!

Good to know - though I'll be surprised if I ever use it in the Sienna. I want it for a three across situation in DH's car. Pretty sure by the time he outgrows it RF, I will be okay with DD2 FF in there so I can put him RF in a Radian behind the passenger.

My DH may think I'm nuts if I bring in a seat from the Sienna to play with. LOL

autumnlily

Good to know - though I'll be surprised if I ever use it in the Sienna. I want it for a three across situation in DH's car. Pretty sure by the time he outgrows it RF, I will be okay with DD2 FF in there so I can put him RF in a Radian behind the passenger.

My DH may think I'm nuts if I bring in a seat from the Sienna to play with. LOL

My DH already knows I'm nuts... I do these things to remind him :love:

The CCO is for our rare occasions for 3 across in a few different cars... but I love it in my Sienna because it's shell does not impede my seeing over it through the side windows... oh, let me count the ways I can justify this seat :whistle:

soygurl

Oh see, that's really funny because we DID see a Coccoro at a AAA check a couple months later. And they only think it was a pain to install because they tried it in my car where we ultimately decided it was incompatible. I got it in the car that came it with it at the AAA check very easily.

I think I am going to do it. And I'm going to cry if I have to send it back again!

I don't think you should sell the TF, but I do think you should get an XTSL. See, I'm a carseat enabler too. :p

I WOULD keep the TF and get an XTXL if I could afford it... or if I EVER had two kids in my car at once. :rolleyes:

That IS really funny that you saw a CCO at a check though! :ROTFLMAO: That was one of the many points in class where I kept my mouth firmly shut and tried not to make a face or roll my eyes. :eek:

oxeye

I ordered it. :love: I'm crazy. I can use the Radian it is replacing as DS's primary seat in my Sienna. Not sure what I will do with the Marathon. I guess I can alternate that and the Radian.

I have too many seats for three kids. Ahh well, at least my addiction keeps my kids safe. :D

daniele_ut

I don't think you're crazy at all. We put the KeyFit away a couple of months ago and I was kicking myself today when my tired, cranky, hadn't slept well the night before or napped at all yesterday DD fell asleep on a 10 minute drive over to play at a friend's house. Then I remembered how easy it would be to uninstall the CCO and just haul it inside! She slept in it for over an hour and woke up happy. If I had pulled her out of the seat like we did yesterday when she fell asleep on the way to Thanksgiving dinner she would never have gone back to sleep.

It's a bit of a pain to install in my Subaru, but that made it SO worth the money!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I ordered it. :love: I'm crazy. I can use the Radian it is replacing as DS's primary seat in my Sienna. Not sure what I will do with the Marathon. I guess I can alternate that and the Radian.

I have too many seats for three kids. Ahh well, at least my addiction keeps my kids safe. :D

No no. I have too many seats for 3 kids.

I'm still considering buying the Coccoro (haven't decided which seat I want for my bribe) and I don't think even my youngest would fit it, like, at all. I suppose she might use it forward-facing for about 2-3 months. But I wouldn't ever put her forward-facing short of, you know, hail of fire falling from the sky and fleeing to the hills, so...

oxeye

No no. I have too many seats for 3 kids.

I'm still considering buying the Coccoro (haven't decided which seat I want for my bribe) and I don't think even my youngest would fit it, like, at all. I suppose she might use it forward-facing for about 2-3 months. But I wouldn't ever put her forward-facing short of, you know, hail of fire falling from the sky and fleeing to the hills, so...

LOL please get a Coccoro to make me feel less guilty about it! And I am so picturing fire hail and you installing the Coccoro in your car FF just because that's the only situation where you would use it. :p

So just how many seats do you have?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC