Frontier Successful Install Thread

ADS

delgirrrl

2000 Toyota Camry, right hand side (facing to the front).
Lap & Sash belt - Long Belt Path (SBP won't work, belt stalks are too long) & top tether.
Totally ROCK SOLID install. Yes, checked, err, but this is in NZ and of course the tech had never seen the Frontier before!

I love this seat, and so does my son! Definitely recommend it, it's so comfy & easy to use.

Chrissy

2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS
Installs well two ways:
LBP in rear passenger-side seat, with overhead tether
SBP in center seat with lap belt only, with overhead tether
Have not tried SBP on outboard, because it works well the other ways.
Have not tried Latch, because my child is almost 50lbs
Was verified by a tech in both positions.

2007 Toyota Tacoma Quad (4-door) Cab Truck TRD Sport
Installs well using LBP in rear passenger-side position, with tether behind seat
Have not tried Latch, because my child is almost 50lbs
Has not yet been verified by a tech.

wendy1221

2008 Kia Sedona
Got it in both the rear bench (outboard) and middle captain's chair using both LATCH and LBP (not at the same time, of course.) Seatbelt is almost not long enough for LBP, but dh got it in, rock solid.

essnce629

I am not a tech.

1990 Toyota Corolla
Center seating postion
SBP with lap only belt
Rock-solid, no problems

2006 Toyota Corolla
Center seating postion
SBP with lap/shoulder belt
Rock-solid, no problems

2001 Honda Accord
Outboard seating postions (both passenger and driver)
Rock-solid, no problems

Newer Honda Accord (not sure of year-- 2006 maybe?)
Center seating position
Rock-solid, no problems

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
Center seating postion
Rock-solid, no problems

2006 Mini Cooper
Rear passenger seating position
LBP with lap/shoulder belt
Rock-solid, no problems
* Will NOT work using SBP installation. The female belt stalk is very far forward and ridgid which means it can't be pulled up into the the belt path which is neccesary for a successful SBP install.

Last edited:

emars002

I am not CPST:

2001 Dodge caravan
outboard bench seat middle row
latch - rock solid
SBP - maybe 1/8" back and forth movement
Did not try LBP

I can also try a 2001 F150 crew cab and a 2005 chevy malibu if anyone needs me to.

mamabear

2006 Honda CR-V outboard. I used the seatbelt and the long belt path. Twisted the seatbelt stalk one full turn before buckling, otherwise seatbelt buckle hits too high up on the side on the Frontier for my liking (worried about accidental unbuckling by DD) got it in rock solid.
The short belt path was way too loose. Haven't yet tried LATCH.

2007 Toyota Prius
outboard, long belt path, tethered. (I think a short belt path may be possible, but I did not try)

I am not a tech, I did not have them checked. Both were rock solid.

Last edited:

VLsMom

2007 Audi A4

LBP and LATCH are rock solid in both rear outboard positions. Center is too bumpy and narrow. SBP is tight too, but not as solid as the other methods.

M

MokaKat

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon
LATCH, seat is on the passenger outboard side.
took a lot of pulling, but it's solid!
did not try any other positons or installations.
DS loves the cupholders!
I'm not a CPST, and have not had it checked yet.

Patti

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
2002 Chevy Malibu

Center, lap only
2 full twists of the belt stalk
solid install

outboard
short belt path
2 full twists of the belt stalk

Last edited:

Melanie

03 Nissan Altima all outboard, didn't try middle
LATCH very easy
Long belt path - much much easier w/2 people. seat belt is just barely long enough & you must put weight on the car seat to get it to buckle
Short belt path-didn't work - way too lose

04 Kia Sedona with 2nd row bench
LATCH 2nd row very easy
Long belt path 2nd row (LBP even works in the middle space on the bench-so the seatbelt comes from the side of the car, into the walkway & to the 2nd row seat if that makes sense. I don't know if it is ok to install w/seatbelt there, but the seat belt is long enough.)
Long belt path 3rd row outboard - didn't try middle 3rd row

07 Honda Ridgeline
LATCH outboard-very easy. the top tether is unusual so be sure to read the vehicle's owner's manual

I'm not a tech.

Last edited:

KBecks

Acura 2001 3.2 TL

DH is not a tech, we have not have it tech checked, but he got it in very good in the back passenger side. The bottom is rock solid and the top can be wiggled just a tiny bit. Installation was not easy, DH took almost an hour and was sweaty from the effort. We are not moving this seat for a long time!

rosomom

'05 Town & Country

3rd row LATCH, off-set center position - solid, fairly easy install when straps pulled through belt path, not checked by tech

3rd row outboard, passenger side- belt too short for LBP installation, SBP resulted in a lot of movement (although I forgot to try twisting the buckle stalk)

I didn't try it in any 2nd row positions. I'm 9 months pregnant and what I got wore me out!

seamonkeys

Guess I should add mine. Oh, I'm not a tech, and didn't have it checked (mainly cause I don't trust the techs around here). But all installs were rock solid.

2001 Honda Odyssey
LATCH captains chairs
LBP passenger captain chair (can't remember if it worked on the driver side too)
SBP 3rd row passenger outboard

Last edited:

munchkin

I know this thread is older, but thought I'd add my info in case anyone else was looking (like I was).

2007 Ford Focus

outboard - L/S LBP and top tether rock solid
outboard - LATCh and top tether just a smidge of wiggle
center - L/S LBP and top tether rock solid

I also tried outboard with SBP, but was unimpressed. It was too much movement for my satisfaction.

I am a CPST.

ETA: I tried in booster mode and it will go as high as the second to last booster position (23 inches), before the ceiling gets in the way!
ETA #2: It WILL go all the way in booster mode! I installed it with LATCH in the center for booster (not as rock solid as install for using in harness mode) and go it to go all the way up (24 inches). Yeah!

Last edited:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I am a CPS tech.

2005 Toyota Corolla
LBP in all rear seat positions

2007 Nissan Armada
2nd row
LATCH or LBP outboard positions. SBP not compatible. Didn't try center yet. LMK if you need me to try it before I get around to it

3rd row
LBP all positions, but factory tether anchor only in center.

I've also used it in booster mode in all positions except 2nd row center.

2007 Ford F350
LBP outboard passenger side rear seat. My dad did this one so I don't know if he had to twist the buckle stalk or not. My dad is a former tech.

2001 GMC Sierra full size 7 passenger van
3rd row
driver's side outboard LBP
center SBP (lap-only belt) the buckle ends up flat and locked dead center in the belt path the same way an airline belt would. DD couldn't feel it behind her.

tweetykl

I am not a tech.
2008 Toyota Sienna 7 pass - LBP in driverside 2nd row captain chair , SBP did not work.

2003 Toyota Camry - LBP in driverside backseat, SBP did not work

Have not tried latch yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC