Yukon XL/ 3rd row/ help!

deedah

Hi, I am new here. I am hoping you all can give some advice on our situation. We have an 08 Yukon Denali XL. Right now I have 3.5yr old twins in Britax Frontiers in the middle row captains chairs. In a few more weeks we will have a new baby in the family and we are trying to figure a way to seat our girls in the 3rd row together. The newborn would be in an infant seat in the second row which has latch and tether. The other 2nd row captain chair would be free for me to access the third row to buckle up the girls. Only trouble is there is not sufficient leg room for my girls with the Britax frontiers installed in the 3rd row:mad:. and there is only one tether for the 3rd row:thumbsdown:. My questions... Do you think the Radian 80's are less deep and less high therefore will allow my girls to have some leg room? Seems the Britax are very large and although the width of the seat does not matter to us the depth is very deep and therefore there legs stick out far. Are there places where I can bring my truck to have a tether installed? I know that GMC does not do this type of service but was hoping there is someplace to do this. Please help?

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Unfortunately you won't be able to have an add'l tether installed in the 3rd row. If you notice the top tether is built into the physical seat itself. I think the reason it's not part of the cargo floor area is due to that being the crumple zone area. Don't know this to be fact but just my judgment based on crash info.

I had an '05 Tahoe up until this fall. I have had a Regent in the 3rd row and while yes it didn't allow a lot of leg room it was do able. The Regent is even deeper then the Frontier. One thing to make sure is the 2nd row caption chair is upright and not reclined. This will allow more leg room for 3rd row passengers.

I tired installing a Radian in the 3rd but never got a good install with the seat belt. This could be different with the new Tahoe/Yukon since it's a new design. I know the Radian gets good head excursion numbers even untethered.

I wish I could be of more help but I can't. My only solution is to split them up or put baby in the center of the 3rd row. Which probably isn't a good option either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC