XTSL or booster (and which booster, if that?)

Splash

I need another seat. I am down to four seats (main vehicle- GN and RF Signo, second vehicle- FF MA and RF CCO). I was originally planning on getting an XTSL and replacing the MA with it, and using the MA as our spare (esp since both boys can fit). Now I'm wondering if I should get a booster instead.

Charlie loves his MA. LOVES it. I'm less than thrilled with the TC crash videos but I accept it's a long time set and real-life doesn't seem to agree with those videos. If I got the XTSL, it would become his primary seat. He might be fine with that, he might hate it. I would prefer it, but I don't matter as much.

If I get him a booster, it would only be a spare. He's 4y4m, ~42 pounds. Very mature, I have no doubt that after a few trips he'd be completely fine in a booster. This would leave me without a spare for Sam.

The only time I really need a spare is when he rides with my dad. That's the front seat of a pickup truck in front of a presumably deactivated airbag. Best case scenario for that, I think, would be the XTSL center. Which would mean I don't even need a booster.

May 2011 (he'll be 5y9m) he either needs to be in a narrow booster or in a Radian in my car. So I'd prefer to stay kinda narrow at this point in whatever I buy.

ADS

Splash

Maedze's theory is correct. Whatever it is, that's the answer. She's always right.

So, you guys think I should go booster instead of XTSL? He still fits in the MA fine, and I'm okay with him being in a booster part time. Just not sure I'm okay with him being in a booster in my dad's truck.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Because of the truck, I'd get the XTSL.

May 2011 is awfully specific - what's going on then?

Maedze

So you are selling your car and getting around entirely on a moped with a small sidecar attached? Awesome.

At this age, meh, you've talked for years about how responsible and well behaved he is in the car. Train him a bit in the booster, and then set him out on the world. It's time he got a job.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
How quickly has she gotten pregnant in the past? Being pregnant IN August of this year is very specific!

I'd get the XTSL - sounds like you'll need it anyways :) it can definitely be passed down!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Well, let me be the first to say Congratulations! (I'll bump this thread in August/Sept!).

L

LuciaBella

That semen better come with a guarantee for at least 1200 on the SATs and a good job to support you in your dotage :eek:

You mean at least 2000 on the SAT's! It's not out of 2400, not 1600 as of 2006.

I wonder if you'll have a girl this time! :)

Kat_Momof3

I vote for the Radian because of the truck and because of a possible third little chuzzle coming along.

really, the Radian and it's lifespan could make it a seat that would last till your third child (still theoretical at this point, but I know two things... Audrey gets her way with adding kids to your family in the end... and she gets preggo really easily and quickly) was ready for a booster.

Now, in Audrey's car or your car (whichever is used less), once he's 5, booster train him all you like.

And don't have to answer if this is too personal - but are you able to use the same donor you used with Sammy?? Cause he's just a bundle of precious and I'd love to see a few more of him (or him in girl form).

Splash

I wonder if you'll have a girl this time! :)

Gosh I hope not.

Kat... yes. Something that I have my own demons with. I'll discuss it at length when the time comes. But I am SO loving having four boys in this house right now though. I don't want to give the other ones back. *I'm* almost chomping to get going now!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC