Would You????

babygirlsmom1005

OK, Madeline will be 4 in Oct., 33 lbs and 39 inches tall. When she had a accident in her Frontier and I had to wash the cover, I checked her in the Cosco Scerena that we have for another baby that rides with us and she fit RF'ing so I installed it as such. She rode in it for over a week and then my DS's TFP showed up and I put it in for her to take a trip down to Houston to go camping and to the lake with Nana & Papa (by her request to ride RF'ing down there). When we got back, I transfered my son to the TFP and put her back in the Frontier and she is requesting to ride RF'ing again. Since she is 33 lbs, I've been looking at the 40# seats and tried out a Radian XT today in my Suburban and it fit perfectly RF'ing (I prefer something that allows RF'ing tether, so the My Ride 65 & Saftey 1st Complete Air are both out of the running - though I do like the My Ride a lot).

Would you spend the money to put (by request of the child) them back RF'ing? I'm up in the air. DH says to go and get the Recaro back from my parents for the last 2 lbs left on it, and once she hits 35 lbs tell her she's SOL (not really but explain no more RF'ing). I told him we could easily put Marshall back in the Companion and put her in the TFP, but he said that is Marshall's Car Seat and he likes it better than the Companion (DH prefers it over the Companion for the few times he puts Marshall in his seat). IDK, darn coming out with 40 lbs seats and making this tough, because now that it's a option.... - LOL.

ADS

canadiangie

Could you put your ds in the Como and let your dd use the TFP for now?

FWIW, I would buy a RNXT, but not until the stickers and manual reflect the rf limit change to 40lbs.

And yes, I would buy yet another seat to keep her rf'ing a little longer.

babygirlsmom1005

Could you put your ds in the Como and let your dd use the TFP for now?

FWIW, I would buy a RNXT, but not until the stickers and manual reflect the rf limit change to 40lbs.

And yes, I would buy yet another seat to keep her rf'ing a little longer.

Yeah I was planning on waiting on the Radian XT - it would be something I would have to save for anyway.

DS doesn't fit into the Como yet, the straps are still above his sholders (I tried him in a Como G2 today playing with one, the shells are the same with the same harness heights - he's short and round at 23 inches tall at 3 months)

babygirlsmom1005

Put the Frontier in GMa's car and see the Recaro to fund a RN.

LOL - hmmmmm, the only problem with that is that my sister's two will also ride in it, and well, I don't want the cover messed up on it because we will eventually be using it (my nephew picks at things and him + mesh cover won't go well together - plus the velcro shoes - that makes me cringe when I think about it....I'm a PITA when it comes to my covers, these seats cost a lot and I want them to stay nice and pretty as long as possible!!! - I know, OCD about car seats and them staying nice....)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
LOL - hmmmmm, the only problem with that is that my sister's two will also ride in it, and well, I don't want the cover messed up on it because we will eventually be using it (my nephew picks at things and him + mesh cover won't go well together - plus the velcro shoes - that makes me cringe when I think about it....I'm a PITA when it comes to my covers, these seats cost a lot and I want them to stay nice and pretty as long as possible!!! - I know, OCD about car seats and them staying nice....)

What else do you have that you could put in her car or sell? Could you sell the Frontier and buy another one a couple of years down the line when she outgrows the RN?

babygirlsmom1005

What else do you have that you could put in her car or sell? Could you sell the Frontier and buy another one a couple of years down the line when she outgrows the RN?

I could, I think DH would put my head on a stick. (he's so tired of car seats showing up at the house.....we purchased 4 last month - Frontier, Graco HB TB, Cosco Scerena & the TFP) Right now I can have her in the Cosco Scerena....I'll ask her tomorrow if she wants to ride in it and pull the Frontier out - again. Girl is giving me too much practice with these seats, I can now install the Frontier within mins. and the Scerena (which the 1st time I installed it, it was a good 45 mins to a hour) within mins. also.....just will have to put the Frontier back in when the other little baby is with us (I own all the seats in my truck, so not using someone elses seat they bought for their kids, I bought it for their kid).

LuvMyGirls

I would just use the Scenera for her for a while and make sure she really wants to ride rear-facing before shelling out the money for an XT. She just might change her mind after a few weeks, and if she doesn't you may have waited long enough to get on with the 40lb stickers. Of course, since you do have a younger child the XT wouldn't be a waste.

my2kidsSafe

How often is the other kiddo with you. What about using the scenera for ds when you don't have the other one with you. And put your dd in the radian that she fits in. The times you have the other kiddo with you let him use the radian or scenera and dd goes ff in the frontier for those times.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC