Would you harness w/o tether FF?

Chameleon

Ok, I seriously have never had a problem with that belt, and mine is exactly the same. I always make sure to pull the lap portion tight first--as tight as you would need it to be, then lock it while pushing on the seat and holding the lap part tight.

Of course make sure you have reclined the seat first, then pull it back up when done.

Yes the belt there always scrunches, it's because it's on an angle.

ADS

Chameleon

Oh you need img tags to get the picture to show up. Click on the

Wineaux

Per my LATCH CEU from our statewide update on Aug 1, 2008: LATCH anchors must currently be tested to 65 lbs, and that will soon go to 100 lbs. This is why there is so mch goofiness about LATCH. It keeps getting ratched up, but by not calling each revision of LATCH something like LATCH 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc they are going by the lowest common denomenator. Ie... The original LATCH vehicles circa 1992. It's why some cars defer to the seat manufacturer, which allows car seat manufacturers to increase their LATCH weight limits at some time in the future, or they defer to the vehicle manufacturer which could mean the former, or could mean that your particular vehicle was never tested beyond the 40 lb weight limit. Yep. It's confusing as hell, which is counterintuitive to what LATCH was supposed to be about. Making installs and such easier on the parent/caregiver.

Would I top tether (not lower anchor) any FF seat or HBB booster, even if my child was over the "official" 40 lb weight limit for LATCH? You bet your bippy! Why? It's a lot safer due to sigificantly reduced head excursion, and I've been properly assured by people I trust that the top tethers have been tested to withstand that extra weight.

Try this link for more info: http://www.saferidenews.com/html/LATCH_P49.htm

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Per my LATCH CEU from our statewide update on Aug 1, 2008: LATCH anchors must currently be tested to 65 lbs, and that will soon go to 100 lbs. This is why there is so mch goofiness about LATCH. It keeps getting ratched up, but by not calling each revision of LATCH something like LATCH 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc they are going by the lowest common denomenator. Ie... The original LATCH vehicles circa 1992. It's why some cars defer to the seat manufacturer, which allows car seat manufacturers to increase their LATCH weight limits at some time in the future, or they defer to the vehicle manufacturer which could mean the former, or could mean that your particular vehicle was never tested beyond the 40 lb weight limit.

I think you mean 2002? So far as I'm aware, the earliest vehicles to show up with LATCH were MY 2000. Locking seatbelts weren't even mandatory until 1997, and pre-drilled tether anchor locations weren't mandatory in 1992 either. :thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

Per my LATCH CEU from our statewide update on Aug 1, 2008: LATCH anchors must currently be tested to 65 lbs, and that will soon go to 100 lbs. This is why there is so mch goofiness about LATCH. It keeps getting ratched up, but by not calling each revision of LATCH something like LATCH 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc they are going by the lowest common denomenator. Ie... The original LATCH vehicles circa 1992. It's why some cars defer to the seat manufacturer, which allows car seat manufacturers to increase their LATCH weight limits at some time in the future, or they defer to the vehicle manufacturer which could mean the former, or could mean that your particular vehicle was never tested beyond the 40 lb weight limit. Yep. It's confusing as hell, which is counterintuitive to what LATCH was supposed to be about. Making installs and such easier on the parent/caregiver.

Would I top tether (not lower anchor) any FF seat or HBB booster, even if my child was over the "official" 40 lb weight limit for LATCH? You bet your bippy! Why? It's a lot safer due to sigificantly reduced head excursion, and I've been properly assured by people I trust that the top tethers have been tested to withstand that extra weight.

Try this link for more info: http://www.saferidenews.com/html/LATCH_P49.htm

I don't know how I missed her posting this... but thanks... I thought safekids was responsible for saferide news... ugh... brain must be on vacation.

Wineaux

I think you mean 2002? So far as I'm aware, the earliest vehicles to show up with LATCH were MY 2000. Locking seatbelts weren't even mandatory until 1997, and pre-drilled tether anchor locations weren't mandatory in 1992 either. :thumbsup:

Yeah, sorry... I'm taking head cold meds like they were candy atm and was at the semi-loopy stage when I typed that date. Duh.
:eek:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I don't know how I missed her posting this... but thanks... I thought safekids was responsible for saferide news... ugh... brain must be on vacation.

LOL Wineaux posted what you quoted after both Jools and I posted the Safe Ride News link. I guess there's a lot of us who aren't reading through the whole threads before posting lately. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC