Will this work?

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Ok i'm going to start baby sitting a couple kids next school year, I met with one mom today who is due in June and will be taking her baby early/mid Aug... depending when the baby's born and all that... so that's a RFing infant carrier that i will mostlikely have to install each and every trip w/o the base. Then I am talking with another mom who's a teacher (gotta love thoes hours!!! :D ) and her DD was born in Jan. so she will be about 7 months old when/ if i start keeping her... another rfing seat then i have my kids in thier seats listed below... so will this work???? Any suggestions? i wounldn't mind purchasing maybe one seat we'll see... OH and i do have a marathon installed in my extra car and an uptown in the shed i could use... suggestion??? Thanks~!!!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'm curious how the Radian fits... with those long buckle stalks.

But assuming that you could fit all of your 3 in the back on those days, it'd be cake.

OR... you could load the older baby through the liftgate into the convertible you could put on one side or in the middle and have your Radian or Marathon and the backless booster back there and then put the Radian or Marathon and the infant seat in the 2nd row.

(find out what infant seat... if it's the safeseat, which she would use longer, she may prefer to buy another base and let you use it)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
You could just use the Uptown for the newborn if you are not comfortable with the baseless install.

As far as the 3rd row goes, I was able to put a MA and two boosters back there.

You know, I ought to dig up the crash pics of my Quest for you from when Ex-H was t-boned by a car going 50 mph. If you saw them you would be absolutely amazed at how well that van does in very severe crashes.

mol13

I would recommend that the mom buy a base for the infant seat. It would make travel SO much easier if you could just snap in and go.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Then I am talking with another mom who's a teacher (gotta love thoes hours!!! :D )

I have to laugh at the "gotta love those hours" comment. :p I am a teacher and work 60+ hours per week. I leave for work between 6:10 and 6:15 A.M. and usually get home between 5:00 and 9:00 P.M. I only work two miles away from home, so it isn't as if that time is commuting time. :p Most teachers with whom I work also put in 50+ hours per week. :p

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I have to laugh at the "gotta love those hours" comment. :p I am a teacher and work 60+ hours per week. I leave for work between 6:10 and 6:15 A.M. and usually get home between 5:00 and 9:00 P.M. I only work two miles away from home, so it isn't as if that time is commuting time. :p Most teachers with whom I work also put in 50+ hours per week. :p

WOW that's a lotta hours... i say that b/c at our school systems (small small rual town school) i see the teachers strolling it around 7:55 when the kids are all getting there and school day starts at 8:15. Then kids leave at 2:55 if you go by the school by 3:35 ALL the parking lots are empty except thoes that coach and small town you know who's cars thoes are! LOL i was just thinking it would be great b/c she will always be OFF school when we are like christmas breaks, spring breaks, the holidays, summers, ect.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I will only have the tiny baby 3 days a week. but the other would be 5 days a week... i'm just kinda mind boggled to how/what would work best. Also MY kids going to and from school have to load and unload from the passanger side of the van at the pick up line ...

As for the radian, i've been a big baby and not even tried it in the van w/ the seat belts in any possitions. it's latched in the driver side 2nd row... I wanted the 9 month olds seat teathered rfing where ever it goes so i wanted to use the marathon or radian for her.... i'm such a planner i refuse to wait mainly b/c i have to know what's going to work b/c if i need to purchase a seat by then i NEED this summer for saving...

I'm already helping this summer at a summer day camp and we'll be using my van some going to the pools, day trips ect. But i have 4 boosters so when i get kids that are 7,8,9 that i'm sure never use boosters they are sure as heck going to when they are with me! LOL

flipper68

Senior Community Member
WOW that's a lotta hours... i say that b/c at our school systems (small small rual town school) i see the teachers strolling it around 7:55 when the kids are all getting there and school day starts at 8:15. Then kids leave at 2:55 if you go by the school by 3:35 ALL the parking lots are empty except thoes that coach and small town you know who's cars thoes are! LOL i was just thinking it would be great b/c she will always be OFF school when we are like christmas breaks, spring breaks, the holidays, summers, ect.

I think we've hijacked the thread but I have to put a plug in for my fellow teachers and myself as well.

Just because teachers aren't in the building doesn't mean they aren't working.

I might leave school right at the end of the day (not as crowded at the gym) but I would have 1-2 hours of grading papers, lesson planning, or report writing that I took home with me. I'd also stay late other days or go in for a couple hours on Saturday or Sunday so I didn't have to wait for the copy machine or have as many interruptions.

Many of my teacher friends leave at the end of the day to pick up their own kids from school/daycare BUT they DEFINITELY have papers to grade, plans to write, activities to prepare at home the evening and/or on the weekend.

If a teacher is in/out with the children as was a teacher I met in grad school I'd want to look closely at the lesson plans and observe in the classroom. This particular veteran teacher kept saying she didn't have time for meetings regarding special education students so I asked when she was at school. She said, "15 minutes before & after the students. It's in our contract." :eek: Chances are this teacher closely followed the teachers manual, followed (almost verbatium) the same lesson plans year after year, and did little to accomodate for individual differences among her students.

On the flip side, if teachers have "good" schedules they may have actual blocks of planning time built into their schedules (more common in middle/high school than elementary grades).

Having worked as an administrative assistant for many years, I'd say that teaching is generally more stressful than most "desk" jobs. I have neverbeen hit, kicked, bit, spit on, sworn at on a regular basis, or physically threatened working as an admin assistant.

Back to CRs for your daycare kids, I'd probably use the MA & Uptown as rfing seats (or use one & purchase a Scenera) so I didn't have to install an IO w/o the base or do a car seat shuffle (repeated install/uninstall only increases the chance of misuse/error).

One other question: if you use the Radian RF for daycare, what will you do for DD?

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC