Will I love an Ergo?

JaRylan

LOL! I'm too cheap to buy a real Ergo, but I wanted one so badly. I had a friend send me the dimensions and I studied the pictures on line and made one myself. (So yes, my username is an accurate description of me :p)

Anyway, we love it! Mine is slightly softer than the real thing becuase I didn't use really stiff interfacing, but it's the most comfortable carrier I have ever used. I've used the front and back carry, but haven't tried the hip carry. Sometimes its the only way to get my youngest to sleep.

Here are a few pictures: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/picsoferika/album/576460762335475317/photo/294928803504276826/23

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/picsoferika/album/576460762335475317/photo/294928803504276837/24

Very talented! I peeked at your other photos. Is the dollhouse finished and furnished yet? I love her costumes that you made her and your placemat bags.

ADS

fullofhope

Elliot was a HUGE baby, very round. I finally bought an ergo when he was 11 mo old- and totally regretted not having bought it sooner! He's 3 and still very carriable in it. I never used mine as a front or hip carrier, but have always loved the back carry. Hope you enjoy yours!

broken4u05

How hard is it to put a child on your back alone? I would love one because i hate the double stroller but i don't know how i could put it on my back. do you put in to first than put the child in or put the child in it than put it on your back?

super_grape

How hard is it to put a child on your back alone? I would love one because i hate the double stroller but i don't know how i could put it on my back. do you put in to first than put the child in or put the child in it than put it on your back?

It's really very easy! This is how I do it: buckle at waist, put left shoulder strap on, baby on my right hip, slide her leg behind my back and into the carrier then lean forward as I work her into it the rest of the way, right strap on shoulder and then *bounce* baby into carrier (I just hold the straps on my chest and wiggle her down into the seat more, her favorite part:) ).
I stand over the bed or sofa just in case but have never had any trouble getting her in and I am SUPER uncoordinated with any other kind of back carrier!

broken4u05

Thanks. I am thinking about getting one. Maybe next year at the fair i will only have to take a single stroller. Does anyone know a place that has deals on them ever?

Splash

They are always $92 (price fixed) unless you find a used one. I ordered from myfavoritebabycarrier.com because she has a 90 day return policy with 100% money back, including shipping (which is unheard of for someone to refund shipping).
It's very easy to get Charlie on my back, and I have no qualms doing it in a parking lot or other hard surface area. I buckle it around my waist and situate it on my hip. Then I pull it up around him and hold the straps up over him. I lean forward and slide him to my back, then put my arms through the straps. Takes about three minutes. Depending on the age of the child though, you could just put the kid up for a piggy back and have him hold on to your shoulders.
The Baby Patapum is nearly identical to the Ergo, but $40 less, if you want to get something cheaper.

JaRylan

They are always $92 (price fixed) unless you find a used one. I ordered from myfavoritebabycarrier.com because she has a 90 day return policy with 100% money back, including shipping (which is unheard of for someone to refund shipping).
It's very easy to get Charlie on my back, and I have no qualms doing it in a parking lot or other hard surface area. I buckle it around my waist and situate it on my hip. Then I pull it up around him and hold the straps up over him. I lean forward and slide him to my back, then put my arms through the straps. Takes about three minutes. Depending on the age of the child though, you could just put the kid up for a piggy back and have him hold on to your shoulders.
The Baby Patapum is nearly identical to the Ergo, but $40 less, if you want to get something cheaper.

In case anyone besides me was wondering about weight limits:

The Toddler Patapum goes up to 62lbs. Taken from the online manual: This product is designed for use with a child around 18 months old or older and
who weigh up to around 62 pounds (28 kgs).

The ERGO: We say our carrier will accommodate you as long as you would like to carry and/or your baby would liked to be carried. The owner, and designer of the ERGO, still carries her son who is now 4-1/2 years old. As you can see from the picture, it will also carry a 90 lb adult. Some people have carried their aging, infirm parent and believe it or not some people carry their dogs in The ERGO.

mtnharmony

You did a great job sewing an Ergo! I thought about it but only made a modified MT and was happy with that, so I never attempted an Ergo.

I find back carries very easy in back carriers! You can also sit on the couch and try and get the child in various ways if you are scared.

LEAW

myfavoritebabycarrier.com will resell the returned ones at a discount, that's how I got mine.. you can find very gently used ones at great prices on thebabywearer.com if you watch every day.

I have an old style, and I won't trade it for anything, not even the new style. :)

I can pop dd on and off my back in about 10 seconds. I had her back there at about 6m, and ds has been on dh's back at 6 weeks in it, with the hood up to hold his head.

Must go get both kids to nap!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC