Why can I not tighten my loose latch ancor strap

Byron

Hi,

I am having problem putting my Radian RXT's into the car.

I have one forward facing and one rear facing. I have tried a VW Jetta and a Dodge Caravan.

The latch ancor strap is in the correct hole for which way the seat is facing, it is flat and not twisted. There is slack in the strap, I can geteven sometimes get one or two fingers under the strap, yet when I pull to tighten it, it will not move. The seats are moveable much more than an inch, and sometimes I can even lift them up away from the car seat. Yet the strap will still not tighten. :confused:

Any suggestions?

ADS

aeormsby

I'm not too familiar with the Radian. But one thing that can make it hard to tighten Latch straps is pulling them from the wrong angle. Can you feed the tail back through and pull from the 'inside' of the seat? Especially for the Rearfacing installation, if you can pull the cover back at the bottom of the seat and pull straight up it may work better.

Hopefully someone with Radians can add more specific hints.

But if you can't get a tight install with the Latch, try the seatbelt.

Almost forgot - what seating positions are you installing in? Some (most) vehicles do not allow latch to be used in the center.

LoveMyBoyOB

My Radian is in my Caravan. When we installed it, it was super easy to tighten so I'm not sure of the Problem you're having. Are you pulling up or back the same way the strap is coming in to the anchor- that works best for me. Hopefully that makes sense!! Good luck!

Byron

Hi, Thanks for the responses,

Believe it or not, we actually dont have a camera at the moment. Incident with the 2 yr old so now we have to wait for Santa for a new one! ;)

The seats are installed in the outside positions of the Jetta, captins chairs and the latch position on the back seat of the caravan. I have the same issue RF or FF

Sorry I have no photo I will try to explain
I am pulling upwards in the same direction as the strap is entering the tightening buckle. The strap is in the exact same place as the diagram.

I sometimes it could just be that I am trying to get it too tight, but put it this way, if it was my childs shoulder strap I would be trying to tighten it more.

Maybee I should just got to the next car seat clinic and get a professional to do it....

LoveMyBoyOB

Is there maybe something wrong with the system itself? If you take the latch anchor off the seat anchor can you tighten and loosen it as much as possible?

tiggercat

Can you tighten the strap if it is not attached to the vehicle anchor? Are you putting pressure on the seat to compress the vehicle seat well?
I've had no trouble installing my RXT in my Caravan, and find the strap pretty easy to tighten.
Perhaps Diono could send you a replacement strap to try?
Are you able to achieve a correct tight seatbelt installation?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC