Which Seat?

synergy05

Trying to get an idea of what seat or seats would be best for my car/ cars situation.

I have a DS 3.5 yo 40 lb/ 37 inches tall current FF in a BLVD CS and a DD 7 month old 18 lb/21 inches in a graco safe seat in my car 2010 Mazda 5.
Our other car is a 2007 Toyota corolla and I vanpool to work witht the kids in a 2009 Kia Sedona. In the Toyota DS is in an ETA FF and DD in her safe seat in the Kia DS is FF in Britax Decathlon and DD in her safe seat. My thought was to move DD to the BLVD, Dec and ETA and get new combination seats for DS, Not really worried about space in the mazda or toyota but for the Kia I am my vanpool would like for the 2 car seats to be in the back, but still be able to have some one sit back there with them if we have a full van. What seats would you choose for any of the cars or kids. We did have DS RF until he reached the weight limit on each of the seats and plans to do the same for DD I'm looking for what is safest, and what will fit into my cars. thanks.

ADS

Dorothy

If you're passing the convertibles down to your youngest, I would look at the Britax Frontier 85, Recaro Prosport, Graco Nautilus, Evenflo Securekid or Evenflo Maestro. The two Evenflo seats are narrow, so they might be good choices for the vanpool. Happy Shopping!

Sent from my phone using the app :)

Brianna

I would recommend the same seats DorothyoutofOz suggested, and pass down the convertibles to your DD.

Unless of course you want us to encourage you to buy more car seats than you need :) (we can do that too)

synergy05

Thinking the Evenflo Securekid for the Kia and the Britax Frontier 85 for the Mazda and the Toyota. What is the difference between the Securekid 300 and 400?

kam1011

The 400 has different latches (SureLatch, supposed to be easier) and more/different? EPP/EPS foam. I have the 400 and my 3.5yo is just slightly smaller than yours, like 4 pounds less and 1 inch shorter. He loves it. Picked it out himself. I dislike the continuous harness and the harness itself is very short. I put my 51lb. 5yo in it when we got it and I could get it buckled, but there was no breathing room and certainly no growing room. It definitely doesn't last as long as the nautilus because of the short harness. (and I have both) It is a little narrower and it's also less curvy on the sides (if that makes sense) so it does work better in a 3-across situation. With LATCH it is very easy to install, but with the seatbelt I find it particularly difficult. I don't know why, but I really have a heck of a time pulling and tightening. With effort, I haven't been *unsuccessful* in any vehicle yet, but I haven't tried any of the ones you have. Definitely test it in the store before you buy to see how much growing room you have. It seems to make a nice booster seat for later. My 5yo got a great fit and I've seen other great pics on here in booster mode.

Brianna

The Secure Kid may not work, but if you have a store near you where you can try it out, that never hurts. If it's not going to work, I would look at the rest of the seats mentioned in post 2.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC