Which seat would you get?

swtgi1982

I am looking to get DD a new seat come tax time (so just pondering the thought right now). She currently has a Complete Air used RF and I planned on passing that down to DS at that point as he is getting to less then one inch before he outgrows his current seat RF. (He has about an inch and a half of hard shell left on it above his head.

DD loves RF so my plan was kind of to get her a radian with 45lbs RF limit, but would you really worry about it at four years old? She prefers RF to FF. She is 33.5 lbs now. If I get it ideally it would be passed down, but weight is also not an issue with second child. Third it maybe he is much heavier then other to were at his age. My youngest two were barely on the growth chart (second fell off the bottom for a while) when it came to weight. Now the third is a tad above average.

I ideally see us, since all three are so close in age, within the next two years with two radian (possibly three fit space wise in second car for three across) and the complete air. I plan to RF all three until they no longer fit.

So would you get the radian or would you look at a FF only seat that would last her a while too? I planned on the radian complete air combo since basically she could use the radian FF or complete air and the other two could use the others RF or FF depending on weight etc of all three.

I also plan on keeping them harnessed as long as possible too.

please suggestions on what you would get.

Stats on kids currently: (ages below in siggy)

Abigail: 39 inches, 33.5lbs
Logan: 35.5 inches, 26.5lbs
Kristopher: 20.5in, 10lbs

ADS

NannyMom

At age 4, I'd say it's a toss up. If you and DD both want her to be RF, go for it. Especially since you will have more use for the Radian down the road.

But, 4 is my limit for buying new seats to continue RF. Sofi may RF beyond age 4 (or maybe not), but I won't feel the need to buy more seats to accomodate it.

swtgi1982

At age 4, I'd say it's a toss up. If you and DD both want her to be RF, go for it. Especially since you will have more use for the Radian down the road.

But, 4 is my limit for buying new seats to continue RF. Sofi may RF beyond age 4 (or maybe not), but I won't feel the need to buy more seats to accomodate it.

She still fits in the seat she has, I was just looking into a seat mainly for my 2.5yr old, and I figured I would pass hers down and get her a new one. I may just end up with another CA and let him have it, but was looking at my options since we may need to do a three across in DH 02 Ford Escape and I know the three I have now will not fit all RF. So I thought maybe a radian for the fact it is narrow.

Ideally even if I pass down the CA to him and put her FF we will still need a new seat for her FF as none of the seats other then the CA fit her FF that we own now. And DS1 only fits in that one FF as well (not wanting to turn him at 2.5 either) So if a radian (for height for her FF would also work RF for her longer great) I will likely need it RF for baby for a while too as he is a bigger boy. That may be the route I look into, if only some one near me had one I could try even an older one just for size fit since I know they are all the same width pretty much.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC