which seat to take?

rachelandtyke

We're flying cross country soon.

DD1 will sit in the airplane seat and ride in her BubbleBum when we get there. It will be packed in our carry-on.

DD2 will ride in her Keyfit 30 on the plane and when we get there. I may put the base in a suitcase with a bunch of clothes for convenience since it will be cold and rainy where we are headed and ILs don't park in the garage.

What seat to take for DS? He is currently still rfing, so I plan to keep him that way in the car when we are there, but he can ff on the plane. Which are easiest to travel with? I think any of them will work in our 3 across since the BubbleBum and Keyfit30 aren't huge. We're going to be in a Buick LaCrosse. I actually think we'll have better luck getting the 3 across with him rfing anyway because of the bolsters.

Choices for DS:
Roundabout 50
Evenflo Triumph Advance
True Fit

I'm leaning toward the RA50 or EFTA as the base may make it easier for DD1 to buckle in the 3 across. I'd prefer the EFTA since it's not installed anywhere right now and it's the easiest for anyone to adjust and buckle. How does it fit on a plane? DS will be next to DD1 on the plane, so not worried about encroachment into her space on the plane.

There will be 2 adults to get us through the airport and onto the plane, so I'm not worried about that part at all.

ADS

T4K

I would take the RA50 because that's the only one I have experience with. It easy to fly with and easy to install in many cars (even though you know the car at the destination).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC