Which seat for our upcoming plane trip?

kalishea

I'm the poster from above
I flew with just my 3 yr old. I was able to bungee cord the nautilus upside down against my rolling carry-on
Wasnt bad at all. I did put duct tape on the top of the carseat to prevent it rubbing on the ground. I also lowered the back as much as possible. It was actually easier than using the scenera as the scenera was shorter and my luggage was probe to tipping

I had no problems doing escalators and had a subway ride to my destination and all went well

Great idea! Thank you so much for your feedback! Very helpful!

ADS

kalishea

If your ds is 4 and just moved to the top slot in his MyRide seats, then I would expect that they will last him until he is booster-ready. So in other words, no need to replace those until you replace them with boosters.

For the plane, your options are to take the nautilus, get a lighter travel seat with a harness, or you *could* get a booster for the trip. Delta's website says that you can carry a booster onboard as your child's "additional item," subject to carry-on size restrictions. If, for instance, you do not plan on driving very much at your destination and an adult would be available to sit next to your son and make sure he sits still while in the car, then a booster seat might be a decent option for you. Being only 4, we would not usually recommend full-time boostering, but he is at least 4 and over 40 pounds, so boostering is a safe choice if he sits still and the booster positions the seatbelt well.

As to your question about the SureRide, your ds should almost certainly be booster-ready by the time he outgrows it.

Great information, thank you, thank you! I do like the idea of taking just a booster but am afraid we are driving a little far for that... Maybe. Doing one 100 mile trip on a highway (it's not a round trip so not going back the same way). That's pretty much all the driving for the whole trip though. 4 adults so two in the back with DS. Car will be large sedan or large Tahoe-like SUV.

Maybe I'll just go for taking the nautilus then...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC