Which seat for DD? (pic heavy)

Michi

I need a new 'spare' seat for DD for occasional use in a second vehicle.
(since it's only for occasional use, I'd also prefer not to spend more than $200)

DD is 4 yrs, 36 lbs, and 42 inches.
Her primary seat is a MA, but I'm fairly certain that she has maybe a year (at best) left in it - so I really don't want to get another one. I'd rather get her something with a bit more 'growing room.'

So...we went and tried out some seats today, and to be honest - I'm not sure which one to get.

Radian, the Nautilus (want to like this seat...but I just don't.:(
I really didn't like how tight the crotch strap was on her, and she didn't either.):rolleyes:
Not enough Growing room in the AO 3-in-1 or the MyRide 65
But one I was pleasantly surprised by was the EFTA.
And of course...lots of growing room in the Frontier...but it's not really in our price range right now. :-(

My other option would be to move DD6 to a booster, and give DD4 her Regent.

Last edited:
ADS

mommaon112903

Is there any reason your 6yr old can not go into a booster? Will she use it properly each and every time? If so, at her age and weight (given she is 40lbs) a booster is an apprioate choice :) You can then pass down the Regent and get a great dedicated booster for the eldest.

NannyMom

I'd go with the Nautilus or the Radian if you don't want to spend for the Frontier. Since neither you or DD like the Nautilus, I'd go with the Radian :)

How old is DD6? Do you want to move her to a booster? Or do you want to keep her harnessed?

Michi

How old is DD6? Do you want to move her to a booster? Or do you want to keep her harnessed?

Sorry - the numbers are their ages ( DD4 is 4, DD6 is 6 );)

My 6 yr old does have some special needs (apraxia, possible mild CP, etc) and I would prefer to keep her harnessed in our main vehicle. Occasional short trips in a booster are okay, but we do a lot of long weekend trips in our main vehicle, and I'd really rather that she be in the Regent for those.

I did see that Albeebaby has their Sahara regents for $199 right now...http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-regent-youth-car-seat-sahara.html
so that may be an option, but DH never liked the Regent, so convincing him to buy another is probably going to be very difficult.

I did think about the Apex - I can't find any in stores nearby to try her in one. I'd really like to see it before I bought one, (as I'm not crazy about Dorel)

My son has more room in the nautilus than the triumph. Did you try them in a car at all?

Based by your pics I would go with the triumph. I loved that seat. I love my nautilus too though. ;-) I love my radian for latch installs only.

momofmandp

If you haven't gotten something already and in case you didn't already know, you can get a Frontier at diapers.com for about $185 if you use coupon codes and get 10% cash back from bing.com. HTH! :)

Michi

Dh surprised me this morning and ordered a pink Frontier.:eek:

So... we may be eating mac & cheese for a month, but DD will have a nice seat. :rolleyes:,

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC