which seat for Aunt/Uncle to use?

LifeAtHome

Baby#3 is due late next month, and the plan is for DD1 to come to the hospital with us. (My mom will be there with her too.) And DD2 will go to my Aunt & Uncles house and they will bring her up to the hospital after her baby brother is born. She will be 3 in early August, and usually rides RF in an RXT, but I don't think I trust anyone but me installing it, unless someone can tell me it installs super easy in a Camry. I also have an Onside Air that she still fits RF, but it's not the easiest install either, and usually needs a noodle. The other option is giving them DD1's True Fit to use FF, (DD2 is 35.5lbs) since it's easier to install, and they've used it before. DD1 still fits the Radian RF, prefers it actually, so she can use that just fine. I don't think I'll even need to adjust harness height for her. Am I right thinking FF for one day is better than the chance of incorrect installation? Or do the Radian or Onside happen to install really easy in a Camry? I don't know model year, it's a few years old, maybe '08, or '09ish. I don't have an AA either.

ADS

MommyShannon

Can you install the seat and leave it until it's needed? The fact that lock offs are required with the TF takes it off my list of seats I'd let DH or my mom install. Unless they know a lot about seats and have proven they can install them, I would want DH or me to install it now.

LifeAtHome

They watch their grandkids pretty often, so I'm not at all confident that it would be left installed. I have showed my uncle how to install it in their car including the lockoff, (and told him not to use latch in the center).

What about the OnSide Air FF? I wouldn't hesitate to put a 3-year old FF in a secondary/rarely used vehicle if it meant the seat was more likely to be correctly installed. IIRC the Scenera is a relatively simple FF install. Just be sure they use the TT, obviously :)

I think once in the true fit forward facing since they know how to install it at her age isn't an issue

My only concern, voiced by MommyShannon as well, would be the required use of the lock offs making for an increase in the opportunity for mistakes. Not that they couldn't learn, but it's another step that can sometimes be difficult.

MommyShannon

Can she go car and all to them?
This is what we did last time too. I didn't love going to the hospital in labor in our smaller car, but it left my mom with the van and 3 kids so it was easier. When she brought the kids to the hospital the second day, she left us the van and kids to ride home together and took our smaller car home.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC