• RN 65 SL

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • RN 80 SL

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • RN XT SL

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • My kids only ride in Britax Bubbles

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • WTF do all those letters and numbers stand for?!

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

brightredmtn

An XTSL has been ordered to eventually go in DS's father's car but I will use it until I decide if I want another TWE or XTSL. I want to sell our Blvd. and get a 65SL for back up and travel. I'm really excited that it'll be able to be stored under my bed.

ADS

Pixels

ETA: Oh - one other consideration with the headwings... FF'ing, when you have the harness straps at the next slot above your DC's shoulders, the headrest is supposed to come down to be just above the shoulders....so that it is pushing down the harness straps. This bothers me, personally, I don't like the idea of the force of the kid in a FF'ing accident, pulling the harness straps that are under the headwings and potentially pulling the headwings out at an angle from the seat for him to crash back into. And if the headwings don't pull out, then they are clearly interfering w/ the harness straps, which is always put out as something not to do. There doesn't seem to be any clear evidence of how this really works out in a real life crash, not that I've seen anyway...and I'm probably overthinking it... but something to be aware of. I think most (all?) other seats w/ SIP headwings have harnesses that adjust w/ the headwings. (I think). I've made the decision to put the headwings above the next harness slot when we have it FF'ing...against man. directions...but it feels safer to me. In our case right now, that puts the bottom of the wings right about even w/ the bottom of DS's ears, so his head is still pretty well protected I believe.
(*not a tech, and I've seen nothing to back that thought up.... just a mom who loves her little boy, owns one of these seats....and way overthinks all the "what if's") :)

Having the headwings over the harness straps in accordance with manufacturer instructions is not interfering with the harness any more than threading the harness through the slots is interfering. It's routing the harness properly. Interfering is when you add something to the seat that changes the way the harness fits on the child, or may introduce slack in the harness in a crash, which is not manufacturer designed, tested, and approved.

DahliaRW

I have an older 65 as well since it was the only seat with more harness room on the market than the Marathon (other than the Regent) at the time. If it had been out, I would have opted for the XT.

christineka

I have radian 80s and am perfectly fine with them only rear-facing to 40 pounds. My kids are all at least age 4 by the time they reach 40 pounds. I would have bought 65s if they were cheaper at the time or came with the desired cover. Dd insisted on pink and the other two were cheaper than 65s when I was buying. My kids like the comfy soft as a head pillow anyway.

April

I have a 65 (actually a 48lb limit FF), an 80 (actually a Premier so 65lb FF limit), and an XT. I bought the 65 first, bought the 80 off swap, and bought the XT with insurance's money. (These are all CDN seats if anyone's confused abou the weight limits)

I like the cover of my XT the best, and the 35lb RF limit (my other two RF to 30), and I like the headwings *right now*. However, I don't like the headwings when RF, and I will also not like the headwings a year or so from now, because I am going to need to use a RN over the top slots at some point, and I find that you do lose a bit of room because of the wings. :twocents: So really, which one I prefer depends on what I'd be using the Radian for.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC