Which One Would You Choose? (BOB or MBUD)

Which one would you choose?

• Fall 2007 Mesa Orange BOB Revolution Duallie

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Fall 2007 Black BOB Revolution Duallie 12"

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 2006 Houndstooth MBUD

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 2007 Plum MBUD

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

mom2riley

I am down to these 2 strollers, now which one would you choose? They are all approx the same price ($420). If anyone knows which one would give more leg room I would love that info, DS is mostly legs.

option 1: Fall 2007 BOB revolution Duallie in Mesa Orange (if anyone has IRL pic of this one I would love to see it)
10031645x1019070_zm.jpg

Oprtion 2: Fall 2007 BOB Revolution Duallie 12" in Black
102290BLACK0000.jpg

Option 3: 2006 MBUD in Houndstooth
7c00_1.jpg

Option 4: 2007 MBUD in Plum
65e1_1.jpg

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It depends on your intended use.

The BOB has one front wheel, which I believe can be fixed in place for *light* jogging (I could be wrong, though!).

The MBUD has two front wheels. I am not sure if they can be fixed or not...

mom2riley

They can both be fixed and they both have suspension. I will be using it for walking at a quick pase for 2-5 miles at a time.

skipspin

I would go for the BOB because of the separate canopies. How shallow is that? My DD has always been opinionated about whether hers is up or down.

I would also take into consideration the fold if you are going to be taking it in your vehicle. That being said, I've never heard a babd thing about MBUDs.

I guess I'm not much help?
Get the one that you like the color the best?

mom2riley

I would go for the BOB because of the separate canopies. How shallow is that? My DD has always been opinionated about whether hers is up or down.

I would also take into consideration the fold if you are going to be taking it in your vehicle. That being said, I've never heard a babd thing about MBUDs.

I guess I'm not much help?
Get the one that you like the color the best?

Not shallow at all, the only reason I haven't bought the BOB already is because of the colors. :p I like the houndstooth the best as far as color because I can see my hot pink diaper bag on the back. But, I am going to buy a new diaper bag to go with whatever stroller I choose. I am not normally an orange person, but it is the only "fun" color the BOB Duallie comes in. Agh, decisions.

jazzpurr88

I absolutly love my orange BOB. It is a single though but both kids use it. DS#1 is 4 and DS#2 is 4 months. If I were buying a double I wouldn't hesitate to buy another BOB.

mom2riley

I absolutly love my orange BOB. It is a single though but both kids use it. DS#1 is 4 and DS#2 is 4 months. If I were buying a double I wouldn't hesitate to buy another BOB.

Do the canopies come down further? I am guessing the in the stock pics they are not fully extended. Do you have a pic of the orange IRL?

steph

I voted for the orange BOB. I don't like the way the MBUD's look.

I have seen the Orange BOB in person and I like it!!!

lovinwaves

For your usage I would get the BOB. It is going to have a much better suspension, and handle off road better. As PP mentioned it also has the dual canopies. The MBUD's..sucks..plain and simple.

The BOB is also going to have a wheel that locks FORWARD making it more like a traditional jogger. This is going to give you a better push, and the kids a better "ride". Also you can tweak the front wheel to make sure it is properly aligned and drive STRAIGHT. Some joggers tend to veer.

The BOB with it's 3 wheels is going to be lighter and more airy feeling. Creating a better walking, and light jogging experience.

NOW, if this is a stroller you want to go shopping with as well? Then I would get the MBUD hands down. The Mbud is a nice little package. Short lengthwise, widthwise, and easier to manuveur in stores. The BOB's 3rd wheel sticks out quick far, and you will find yourself catching it on shelves when go to do a 360 turn.

mom2riley

One more question, does the handle adjust on the BOB? oh actually 2 more, would you go with a 2008 over the Fall 2007 for $20 more? Or is it no different?

ETA: Maybe I like orange more then I thought. Here is the diaper bag I have been wanting to preorder, but have held off until I decided on a stroller. Won't it be perfect.
BeTween_closeup.jpg

andbabiesmake4

I was going back & forth between the BOB & the MBUD... then tried DS1 in the MBUD and I couldn't even pull the sunshade over his head! So if you want to use it past 44" tall then I wouldn't get a MBUD.. I was sad :( So now I'm trying to decide between the orange BOB and a valco....

Get the orange BOB!

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
So did you go with the Bob? That diaper bag will look awesome, it is sooooo cute:love:.
I am now trying to decide on a new stroller too, lol.

Michelle:p

mom2riley

Michelle~ I decided to keep thinking until this weekend, I am really wanting a metal footrest. Now I am also considering the Valco Tri-Mode Twin. It seems like it would be a good mix, do you know anything about that stroller?

andbabiesmake4

If your older child is tall then I'd def. try the Valco out first... I actually bought the Valco Trimode Twin yesterday and returned it today because my oldests head was hitting the bar at the top.. I was sad.. it's a nice stroller! But I went out & got the BOB & I'm even more happy! It's WAY lighter, less bulky & DS1's head fits under the canopy ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC