Question Which is better? Which has best safety ratings?

vermontmoms

We are looking for a crossover SUV, we are a family of 4 and live in Colorado (AWD is a must).

We have to replace our car this weekend b/c it was totaled. Below are our current top choices, please let us know if you have any pros or cons. We will have twin 9yr old boys in back seat in a lbb.

Top picks (in order)
2012-2013 Hyundai Tuscon
2014 Subaru Forester
2012-13 GMC Terrain
2013 Nissan Rogue
2012-2013 Hyundai SanteFe
2013 Subaru Crosstek
2013 Chevy Equinox
2012-2013 Honda CRV

Thanks for helping us narrow down our choices! We only have the rental till Tues so we need to make a quick decision.

ADS

marge234

informedforlife.org might help you narrow down the options. The site's home page reflects cars tested this year. There are archives for earlier model years. GL.

vermontmoms

informedforlife.org might help you narrow down the options. The site's home page reflects cars tested this year. There are archives for earlier model years. GL.

Thanks! I'll check it out!
I was hoping someone had a similar car and could post personal feedback about if they were happy with their choice.

nospam

We recently purchased a BMW X1.

Of the vehicles you listed, the Hyundai's give the best bang for your buck from my research. Consider the Mazda CX-5 and the Ford Escape and Edge.

vermontmoms

We recently purchased a BMW X1.

Of the vehicles you listed, the Hyundai's give the best bang for your buck from my research. Consider the Mazda CX-5 and the Ford Escape and Edge.

Yes, we loved our Tuscon...it was so much fun to drive ;) that said it didn't do well in snow ;(

We will look at the Mazda b/c it is getting great reviews too. The Fords are out b/c of gas mileage and minimal leg room in the new design of the focus in back seat. We love the SanteFe but it too doesn't get the gas mileage we would like. The Subaru (on paper) seems to be at the top of our list! We are planning to drive one later today.

Thanks!

vermontmoms

Did you make a decision? I believe the Subaru Outback has better rear leg room than the Forester.

Yes, we bought a 2014 Subaru Forester (Limited). The rear leg room difference was very minimal if any. Width wise the outback had about 2 extra inches but the new Forester has enough room for me to fit 3 Graco Connext boosters in the back which is all we needed. Or 2 boosters and an adult in the middle.

Now I just wish subaru made a Forester XL version with the third row seat option...if they did it would be our dream family car!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC