Which Infant Seat?

mom2boysrzc

Hi ladies!

I need a new infant seat and I was going to go with the KF 30 because I loved mine but now I'm looking at other ones. I have a 2009 sienna, he will be in the captains chairs in the middle.

I really do love the KF but I love the colors on some of the other ones. This is my 4th baby and I'm kind of sick of the boring blah colors. I've looked (just superficially looked) at the Anton and the Prezi. Any thoughts or suggestions?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm a bucket hater, lol. But, due to multiple complicated issues (seating needs of other kids and my husband's medical condition, mostly... It's a long story) I'm ending up having to use one this time. So, we got the Aton.

I have to say, if I didn't hate buckets so much I'd love this seat. It really is a nice bucket, install-wise, usage-wise, and as far as colors, GORGEOUS. I have a few little quibbles with it (other than being, you know, a bucket) but overall I'm very happy with my selection.

I also almost like the Combi Shuttle, as far as the longer-lasting ones. (The Keyfit and Aton, I'd put in the "mid range" as far as shell height. They aren't as short as many seats on the market but definitely not as tall as the taller ones.)

mom2boysrzc

I'm a bucket hater, lol. But, due to multiple complicated issues (seating needs of other kids and my husband's medical condition, mostly... It's a long story) I'm ending up having to use one this time. So, we got the Aton.

I have to say, if I didn't hate buckets so much I'd love this seat. It really is a nice bucket, install-wise, usage-wise, and as far as colors, GORGEOUS. I have a few little quibbles with it (other than being, you know, a bucket) but overall I'm very happy with my selection.

I also almost like the Combi Shuttle, as far as the longer-lasting ones. (The Keyfit and Aton, I'd put in the "mid range" as far as shell height. They aren't as short as many seats on the market but definitely not as tall as the taller ones.)

I really hate buckets too. I've considered just getting another Radian for this baby but I know that I'll want the ease of a bucket, especially with 3 other kids running around. My babies are reflux babies so that's something I'm trying to consider when it comes to buckets.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Look for something straight-backed and with good legroom, then, if you'll be dealing with reflux... Have you looked at the OnBoard/OnBoard Air? I've actually heard good things about that because it seems less "scooped" than some buckets.

mom2boysrzc

I have not. I'll look into those. My experience with buckets are Graco (snugride for DS1 back in 2004, and safeseat in 2007 for DS2) and KF30 for DS3 in 2010. Out of those, the KF is my favorite.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
More upright? You mean less scooped? Maybe a little tiny difference. Not as much as several others are, though.

mom2boysrzc

More upright? You mean less scooped? Maybe a little tiny difference. Not as much as several others are, though.

Thanks! I'm going to try to find the Aton and Prezi IRL (I think USA baby has both, if I'm remembering from my trip yesterday correctly) and see what I think of them. I have time, but I have the itch to look. :)

Kel

I had baby #6 5mos ago. We got her a Maxi Cosi. I know some people here don't love this seat, but I have really liked It. 6 kids and I've used 5 buckets, lol.

I went with It because of the color, lily pink, It was on special, and It's light weight. It installed great in both my ford vans, with in minutes.

It only goes to 22#s, but that's ok with me. I only use the buckets for a short time. I wear baby, but like them for the 1st few mos eating out and stuff like that. She'll be 5 mos next wk and I just switched her to coccoro's full time in both vans.

Kelley

mom2boysrzc

I went to USA Baby today and they don't have the Prezi, just the Mico but they have the Aton and I fell in love with it! Holy cow, it's gorgeous, light weight, sits more upright than the KF and is easy to install. I think I have a new love. :love:

I think I'm going to get the moonlight color. I really love it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Moonlight is last year's color and will have a 2011 manufacture date, FYI. Get Water Colors if you want this year's blue, it will be newer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC