Question Which Infant Car Seat to get?? (Canadian)

S

sephora20110

Hi there,

I really had my heart set on the Uppababy Mesa to go with our Uppababy Vista, but the last i heard it won't be available until 2014 in Canada. :( With our baby due end of September, it looks like it will be too late.

So now I'm left to decide between Maxi Cosi Mico, Chicco Keyfit (Magic?), Graco Snugride 35, or Primo Viaggo SIP 30/30

Based on past reviews, I think I have narrowed it down to the Maxi Cosi Mico or the Chicco Keyfit Magic. They both only go up to 22 pounds, but I *think* that will be okay...I don't anticipate we will use the car seat+stroller arrangement often. When out and about we will use the UBV bassinet or seat with the stroller frame.

Which car seat would you recommend? We are most concerned about safety, ease of installation and comfort for the baby.

Thank you in advance!!

ADS

featherhead

The Keyfit hands down between those two! The Keyfit is a much easier install. Very easy to use as well. I find it snaps into the base much nicer than some other seats. The magic has a better canopy and a different infant insert. I have just the regular Keyfit and it has been fine.

S

sephora20110

Thank you!

Would you recommend the Peg or Graco over the Chicco?

For some reason Babies R Us no longer has the magic listed online (it did last week though??) I'm going to try to get in and check it out in person. The big canopy seems like a nice plus!

canadiangie

www.snugglebugz.ca stocks Magic. Free shipping, and quite a few (most?) of us order our seats from there. I've always been very happy. :)

My vote would be..

KeyFit
Snugride 35
30/30

Mico

I put the Mico way far down because that's where it falls on my list. ;)

featherhead

Thank you!

Would you recommend the Peg or Graco over the Chicco?

For some reason Babies R Us no longer has the magic listed online (it did last week though??) I'm going to try to get in and check it out in person. The big canopy seems like a nice plus!

I would put the Graco Snugride35 about the same as the Chicco. Peg would be further down on the list. It can be a tricky install in some vehicles. It is also incredibly heavy. And I agree with ordering from snugglebugz.ca.

kmw

www.snugglebugz.ca stocks Magic. Free shipping, and quite a few (most?) of us order our seats from there. I've always been very happy. :)

My vote would be..

KeyFit
Snugride 35
30/30

Mico

I put the Mico way far down because that's where it falls on my list. ;)

LOL! I had a Mico and loved it ;) But, i also had a very small kid... I still regret not getting a KeyFit! My primary reason for going with the Mico was the free stroller that I had to go with it ;) If I could do it all over again - I would lean towards Chicco for sure.. or a Britax B-Safe :)

canadiangie

LOL! I had a Mico and loved it ;) But, i also had a very small kid... I still regret not getting a KeyFit! My primary reason for going with the Mico was the free stroller that I had to go with it ;) If I could do it all over again - I would lean towards Chicco for sure.. or a Britax B-Safe :)

It's the tech in me. It's a seat that can be completely incompatible in some vehicles, which is actually quite rare. Unless a person has some specific need for a Mico I tend to lump it in the try before you buy, or better yet skip it altogether category. Keeps life simple.

kmw

For sure it was a bugger to install! i never did get a good install with it myself - but the hubby could fairly easily :)

FWIW - I didn't even like the Quinny Zapp that I got for free that motivated the Mico purchase! The things you learn after baby arrives ;)

Sephora - get the KeyFit!

canadiangie

For sure it was a bugger to install! i never did get a good install with it myself - but the hubby could fairly easily :)

FWIW - I didn't even like the Quinny Zapp that I got for free that motivated the Mico purchase! The things you learn after baby arrives ;)

Sephora - get the KeyFit!

See and it's not difficult to install if its compatible. It's either fine and sort of typical, or it's a disaster. There isn't much in between.

Keeks64

I have a Snugride 35 - love love love it! It's easy to install, nice fabric & insert, easy to carry & has a nice canopy....fits like a dream on my BOB & baby loves it! Even now at 9m it's the only place he naps :)

I wanted a keyfit but couldn't do the 22lb weight limit....my 9m old is 19ish lbs & I'm hoping to use the infant seat until 18mths or so....that's just me though, personal preference :)

If weight limit wasn't an issue I * might* have done the keyfit but I seriously adore the Snugride so maybe not lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC