• Right Hand

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • ambidextrous

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • other

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

LuvBug

I'd like to add--that the poll specifically asked which hand you write with.

and I never saw that! I always take the name of the thread as the question in a poll... I never realized there is a question under the title(which happens to be a question) lol!

I prefer my right because my left writing sucks! But I can and do write with my left time to time. I do a heck of a lot more typing than writing ;)

ADS

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I am right handed, Dh is right handed, DS1 is left handed to eat, write and draw...not sure what he'll be for sports, etc, he tends to use his right for stuff like that. DS2..who knows what he'll be.

DS1 - That's pretty much me - so I marked "other" since I'm not able to switch hands for much.

I eat, write, do needle crafts (back when I used to be creative with such things), play ping-pong, and frisbee (badly) with my left. Most everything else is right.

The family lore says (and photos/home movies show) that when I was 2-6 years old, I would eat left, EXCEPT for ice cream and other desserts, where I would use my right.

Suzibeck

I am definately a righty when it comes to writing. I can do many things left handed however. I used to feed myself with my left hand while feeding a student with my right back in my working days. I taught severely multiply impaired. I play hockey left handed, I think because my lefty brother and lefty sister taught me.

My oldest dd is hopelessly left handed, she can't do anything with her right, lol. She showed a strong preference for her left as soon as she started reaching for objects as an infant. My other two are righties and didn't show a preference until they started coloring with crayons as toddlers.

I've often heard that kids don't show a strong preference until age 5 or so, mine were MUCH earlier!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
starlight said:
I voted other, because I don't have any hands, I attempted to install some crappy Cosco seat (the AO?) and they got stuck in the belt path, so my hands had to be amputated. :(

ROTFL!!! :D Thanks - I needed a good laugh!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I voted RH - like Amber, my left hand is useless. However, DH could vote "other" b/c he can use his toes almost like fingers... :eek: ... Seriously, I call him "monkey toes" b/c he picks up stuff with them! Freaks me out.

broken4u05

I am right handed but can do some things with my left. But when holding a child they are always on the left. not sure why. Right arm gets tired. But i can hold 2 at once for a while(do this all the time with the twins)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC