Which combo of seats should I get?

bobbs7

My little guy is turning one on Saturday, and my original plan was to pass down his brother's RA 50(main seat), and Scenera(secondary seat in DH's car); and buy my already forward facing 3 and a half year old a Frontier 90(main seat), and maybe an Maestro(secondary seat in DH's car). I guess my question is: Did your child last until booster age in a Marathon/RA50? (only because I know they are the same shell). I found a great deal on a Radian 100, and wondered if that would last my little guy longer RF'ing than the RA50would. If so, I would keep just keep my 3 year old in the RA50, and buy the Radian for my little guy to RF in, and not have to buy the Maestro.
So should I just buy the Frontier and Maestro for my 3 year old, and pass the baby the 2 convertibles we already have, or buy the Radian and Frontier to use primarily in my car, and let the RA and Scenera be the secondary seats in my DH's car? Anyone that followed all of this gets a prize!;)

ADS

MommyShannon

When do the seats expire? As long as they have 2-3 years left, I'd get the Frontier 90 and Maestro like you said. That way you 3 year old can use them until 5.5-6 years then move to boosters. Then your 1 year old will be 3-4 years old and can move to the FR and Maestro. The Radian would be good too for either child but may or may not be outgrown before being ready for a booster. It would depend on how tall your kids' torsos are.
ETA: The RA50 is fairly tall so there may not be a huge difference in when they are outgrown unless the 35lb limit is hit before the height. The Radian would definitely outlast the Scenera rf.

bobbs7

When do the seats expire? As long as they have 2-3 years left, I'd get the Frontier 90 and Maestro like you said. That way you 3 year old can use them until 5.5-6 years then move to boosters. Then your 1 year old will be 3-4 years old and can move to the FR and Maestro. The Radian would be good too for either child but may or may not be outgrown before being ready for a booster. It would depend on how tall your kids' torsos are.
ETA: The RA50 is fairly tall so there may not be a huge difference in when they are outgrown unless the 35lb limit is hit before the height. The Radian would definitely outlast the Scenera rf.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to stick with the original plan of the Frontier 90, and Maestro. I can save the most money that way, and it makes the most sense! Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC