When did your child outgrow the Nautilus harness?

Angela

DS still probably still just barely fits height wise (6 years 3 months), but is right around 65 lbs.

ADS

hesgimenez

K will be six in December and still has one more slot to go I believe and room to go with the one he is at. He is average to tall for his age.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
She would have outgrown it (I moved her to booster) by height and weight at about the same time, which would have been around age 8.25.

AtTheSouthDam

DD1 would have outgrown it by 5 years at the latest. She out grew the Regent harness just shy of her sixth birthday.

DD2 is the exact opposite. She is still well below the third slot of the Prosport which has similar heights, IIRC. She'll fit in the ProSport until 8y at her current rate (5y, 15" torso with 44" overall height. Yep, she's all leg).

rxmommy

After age 7. She is no longer harnessed it in now and I'm not 100% sure she's outgrown it at this moment but if she hasn't it's super super close. Last I measured she was 50" but she is all legs.

My 5.5 year old is around 42" and has oodles of room to grow. Which is good because it's way easier to have her in a harness in the truck than a booster!

scoutingbear

C is 5 and is almost even with the top slots when it is installed in dh's car. He has a smidge more room when it is installed in my dad's car.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Ds just turned 5 and I'd guess has about 1" of room left in it or there-bouts. He's using the 4th highest harness height in the Frontier XT and is almost even with those. (I think? Could be 3rd highest?) He's 37lbs but all torso.

Dd turned 7 in July. She hadn't been in the Nautilus since 6yrs and 5months old and she was almost even with the slots then. So definitely before 7, but I'm not sure exactly when.

bbartlettnfld

Ds is on the 2nd last at 3 but DD who is 8 is also on the same set of slots! They can both use the seat but DD needs the head rest up a click to make it comfortable.

Mommy2Marcus

Marcus is just turned 5 & just moved to the top slots here recently. He has a ton of room left to grow. I don't see him outgrowing it anytime soon. He has been my little shorter torsoed guy for a long time now. :)

Qarin

DD1 outgrew the harness last February, age 9y3m, and has been using it as a HBB since then.

DD2, who is more typically sized than her older sister, has a bit over an inch of harness left at 6y11m.

steph

I'm guessing Ryan will be a little over 6 when he outgrows it. He is on the top slotsnow and is 5 1/2.

Sent from my Atrix using Car-Seat.Org

jolynn6

Zoey just turned 5 and she has another slot to go I think I measured 3-4 inches till she is right at the top slot....and at only 33 lbs so going by the average 1 in of torso for every yr shed be 8ish

tam_shops

DS is 44.5 inches tall, 16 inch torso and 38.5 lbs ;)

The Nautilus is supposed to have 18" top harness slots. I would estimate that we have less than a half inch before he is over the top slots. The math doesn't make sense though.

I do have it reclined. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Are you sure you're not missing the hidden harness slot under the headrest *thing*? If he has a 16" torso, there should still be space!? It's make logical sense if your guy being taller than my guy by a couple inches was on the top slot, since we only have one slot left, but he is long in the torso, while otherwise short...He was too tall for our MA @16" in the summer, so I KNOW he has a longer than 16" torso now...

Great to know your guy is only a *bit* taller than mine (~2") b/c there are 3-4YOs that are taller than him! LOL

tam

lilstar

I'm curious about those who were able to get a little more use out of the nautilus harness by installing in different locations? I just today realized that my 4.5yo's shoulders are a tad higher than the top strap slot. She seems too young to use a booster. On occasional rides she's had in a booster, she's needed frequent reminders to sit in the seatbelt properly. She's a tall kid, tallest in her class, and judging by how difficult it is to find her shirts that cover her tummy all the way, I'd guess her torso length is longer than average! Any tricks I might try with installation? Right now she's in the center back of our 01 dodge caravan. Ideally I'd like to keep her in the 3rd row so that the rear facing little ones can be more easily accessible in the 2nd row. A mom's group I'm in has organized a car seat check thats coming up really soon where I could get some help, and I'll be there if its at all possible, BUT its 3 days after my due date soo... well, all I can say is I'll be there if its POSSIBLE! lol. So I could try an outboard install, adjusting the recline of the car's seat? would love some advice!

dneul

Abby outgrew the harness back in April I believe. She was about 45.5" back then and was 4 years and 9 months. She went into a monterey and then back in a 5 point in a Frontier in July. She has one click left in the Frontier 85.

This is her in April.
image.php

image.php

And this is her in her frontier in July.
image.php

image.php

christineka

I have short-torsoed kids and so they outgrew the harness at 65 pounds. Dd1 was 10 years old and dd2 was 9. Ds1 is 8 and has 7 pounds left to go.

lg's gma

CPS Technician
My grandson turned 6 in June and was starting to go over the top harness slots in August. I was really thankful that he lasted that long as he'd been on the top slots since before he turned 4. He's 51 inches tall and barely 50 pounds but very long-torsoed (outgrew Sceneras both rfing and ffing at barely 2 yo and 30 pounds).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC