What would cause you to buy a new car or van?....

seamonkeys

I would totally trade right now for a new (at least 2005) Odyssey or Sienna! My only complaint of my '01 Ody is no LATCH in 3rd row, and the 3rd row is a full bench - I want a 60/40 3rd row!!

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
If they fix the wonky seat belts in the 3rd row of the Mazda5 in a future model, I will twist my budget into a pretzel to get it! :D (Or if some other manufacturer comes out with something identical to that.)

That's pretty much the only "new" thing in any vehicle I'd be willing to trade up for.

Amaris

Something with great gas mileage that will hold all 3 kids in the middle row with room for a crate for a 110lb dog in the rear! I would garage my expedition if there was something that got awsome gas mileage that could do it!

jewlsvern

We get to trade in our cars every 6-12 months. So whatever is the newest one that holds a lot (seats and cargo room). Always looking for better gas mileage. Only Mazdas though. We will trade in our Mazda CX-9 for a Mazda 3 in 2 months for the better gas mileage

BW1426

Winning the lottery so I could buy a loaded 2009 XC90. Really, nothing else could convince me to buy something different.

Oh, wait, if they issued a warning that no carseats were allowed to be installed in my current car, I'd be out shopping.

cpsaddict

I don't NEED a new car, but I sure want one. My Escape will be paid off in a year and has 122,000 miles on it. However, it runs great. Darn it! LOL! I also get 24mpg with it. SOOO, while I REALLY want a Sienna AWD, I will have to wait until my Escape dies.

Carefulove

We are planning to get a "newer used" SUV in a year or two, maybe 3. I think I will downsize to a Tahoe (hybrid if possible), but would rather ride a tricycle than a minivan! :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I need more curtain airbags...all rows... Kar's about foot ten now and doesn't have a LOT of time left in his boosters (unless I get a gray cover for the TALLLLL Frontier? lol) and I want my kids in highbacks unless we have curtains for everyone's optimal head protection. DH was shopping today for a Mazda5 (which I want) or a Chrysler with Swivel n Go seats (kinda want for the RF, but I don't want something that big again :( )

kmcenery

We just traded in my 2005 ford focus in mar because I had a very had time getting 2 rf car seats in the back. We are ttc baby #2 so we got a new ford taurus x.

TXAggieTech

If we could find a like new Excursion we would. Ours has almost 200,000 miles on it and is our life line for work. Nothing else works for us as well, a Expedition XL will have to do in the future.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I win the lottery and can splurge on something fun like a Tesla electric roadster to drive around town by myself on the rare occasion I don't need to transport the kids or the whole family with me. :whistle: On a more realistic note, I'd only buy a car if we heaven forbid were in a crash and needed to replace either of our current vehicles.

SanDiegoLady

Having twins! I got rid of my 2 door mirage after I had them and got a 4 door ford focus (wanted a cheap 4 door with good gas mileage because I worked 50 miles from home). Then I got a job 5 miles from home (I'm a teacher) so I went straight to the Mazda dealership and got a 2007 Mazda5. Love it:thumbsup:

Had a baby.

Sold our mint condition 2003 BMW 325Ci cuz the car seat didn't fit well. Plus, trunk space was pretty small.

We got a 2008 Lexus ES350. It's a boat with plenty of space and is very comfy. But at our age, it's just so not as cool or fun to drive as the BMW.

cutekid2004

A need for a second Vehicle, although as tempting as the "new car smell" is, I couldn't buy a vehicle less than 5 years old. I don't like making payments on anything unless I cannot obtain it with cash (buying a house or student loan) so we paid Cash for a 1999 Ford Windstar with 120K miles on it.

Now if money were no object, I would buy a new vehicle for all of the new safety features, and of course it would HAVE to be hybrid.

Denise

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC