What to look for in Sienna

ADS

mommy2env

I :love: :love: :love: my Sienna.

I have the 8 pass LE, and while ONE power door is good enough, I wish I had both. lol Oh, and there is a switch for the power door, like the pp stated.

It is wonderful for the school drop off, no need to get out or make your kid suffer trying to close it.

I think you cant go wrong with whatever trim you choose. :)

hsjwmom

I :love: my power doors. I had an '01 LE with one power door. It never gave me any trouble. I traded it in a couple years ago for an '06 Limited with all power...I love love love it. Am I getting across how much I love it? lol

My arms are almost always full and it makes it soooo nice to be able to just hit a button and open the doors. I also like being able to shut them from the driver's seat.

I prefer having leather because we all have the bad habit of eating and drinking in the van. I've spilled Starbucks, dd has spilled OJ, etc. It wasn't fun to clean up, but I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if we had cloth seats. As far as adding leather to a LE, I would be surprised if you couldn't have the dealership send it out and have it done. If they were the ones arranging it, I would assume (perhaps mistakenly) that it wouldn't interfere with and of the safety features.

I do wish that they had our package available in an 8 seater option... I would love to be able to have all 3 kids in the middle row in order to free up cargo space.

brittany741

The reason people are having problems with the doors is due to the factory welds failing on the side doors. The repair is extensive but it's happening in all Siennas.

Be sure the vehicles you are looking at have side impact airbags. They were an option in '04 and 05 model years, and very expensive so most out there don't have them.

We love our Sienna and I am very thankful we have 3 power doors. Any time you buy a vehicle with features and options, it means there are more items that can break.

A 7 passenger Sienna cannot be converted to an 8 passenger, so be sure you're only looking at the 8 passenger version. The entire floor configuration is different between the two and nothing can be interchanged.

The models without side impact airbags did not fare nearly as good as those with them so I would definitely recommend that.

SavsMom

You can get an 8 passenger LE with leather - it is part of a package. Also, if you live in GA, FL, AL, NC or SC you could find a CE 8 passenger with leather as well due to the fact the distributor for this region (Southeast Toyota) had leather as a stand alone port installed option on this van.

Having worked as an internet manager for Toyota for 5 years I had sold many many many Siennas and it is a great van. None of my customers had any complaints about the vehicle (with the exception of the package options being confusing).

If you have any questions just let me know as I am very familiar with the vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC