What should dd1 move into?

U

Unregistered

Dd2 is taking over dd1 blvd. Should i get another convertible or move her up to the next one (not sure what these ones ar called--harnessed boosters?)?

Dd1 is 39 inches and 37 lbs. she's ff. From what i've read it seems like lots of people move kids into a frontier from here, but is she too young? She's a few months shy of 4. Also, i'm not really sure how to know which seats are best. What do i look for?

And...i'm hoping whatever seat i buy will be able to be used long term and fit in our car with our other seats. If all goes according to plan we'll be needing our chicco keyfit to fit in there too in >year. We drive an 05 honda pilot. I know this is thiking ahead (and making things more complicated), but i would like to avoid buying another infant seat down the road if ours is still perfectly fine (it doesn't expir for a couple mor years). So i'm thinking i might be looking for a skinnier seat to get 3 across eventually.

This is why i'm so confused. If anyone can help me out, i'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

ADS

JCsMomma

I have an 08 Pilot, and it's pretty roomy for three across. I do have a Keyfit but haven't used it in this vehicle, so no advice there. I have however had a Frontier 85 and a Britax convertible (Roundabout 55 rearfacing) next to each other on the 60 portion of the seat with a ProBooster on the 40 portion. Probably anything would fit on that 40 portion, so my guess is you'd be fine with your current seats and a Frontier in a three across. Also, my Frontier rider is 3.5 and has been in the seat since she was 3ish. I think your child is old enough, if you are ready to forward face (many here still rear-face past 3-4, and you may as well. I personally am fine FF my kids at 3).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC