What RF seat to buy??

Itchy&Scratchy

too heavy to lug around for me, especially on international flights and then 3 hours more... :)

Scenera's specs from the website:

Rear-facing Height Range: 19"-36"
Forward-facing Height Range: 34"-43"

http://coscojuvenile.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/scenera-reg;-convertible-car-seat-22197azs--1

How about Apt40?

http://coscojuvenile.djgusa.com/en/...t-40rf-convertible-car-seat---calvin-cc047buu

•Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and 19-40 inches
•Forward-facing 22-40 pounds and 34-43 inches

it has deeper sides too.

ADS

courtfrog2

Perfect! That will be perfect... the Apt 40. Should be able to rear face him in that one no problem. Thanks so much.

And here is a picture... can't show his face... but just so you can sorta estimate his size!

We just got back a few weeks ago from visiting him.

jordansmom

My two year old is 33 inches with a 19 inch seated height and 11 inch torso. He has approximately 3 inches of shell above his head in the Scenera.

My four year old is 40 inches with a 22 inch seated height and 14 inch torso. He does not fit rearfacing and is just under the top slots forward facing.

Hope that helps you some! Sounds like the PP had a good suggestion with the Apt since the Scenera wouldn't work rearfacing for Z's size.

Itchy&Scratchy

good luck, courtfrog!
Your 8 yo kiddo is smaller than my 2.5 yo kiddo, :( but I am sure he'll start catching up in no time. I saw the before and after pics of adopted kids (from Eastern Europe), and the transformation is beyond belief. Sometimes, though, they just stay on a tinier side. One of my coworkers adopted a kid from Russia years ago, and now the 7 yo is roughly the same size as my kid. And it's just fine - that's their pace.
If you were in GA, I'd give you one of my seats, but, alas, you are too far away. Did you ask around at work, church, school, etc, since somebody might just have a seat they'd love to give away. My neighbors were just trying to give away unexpired classic Marathons...

courtfrog2

Okay... got the R100 in the mail and tried to install it. They make them a lot differently than the radian80's. Um... why are the side where the legs go so loose?

Can the seat touch the front seats? There is no way around it...

I really honestly can't get it to install properly in the middle in my jeep? Any suggestions. The angel is to reclined and the seat belt won't tighten enough.

I'm a tech... I feel like a loser LOL. Granted, I only tried for 15 minutes.

Any help would be lovely :)

Itchy&Scratchy

yes, it's really reclined without an angle adjuster. You can get it on amazon for about $12. It helps with the angle in most cars. Didn't help much in mine.
Did you install it in the middle? It fits in my car in the middle, crammed between 2 front seats. Yes, it can touch/brace the seats in front, IF your car allows it (it usually doesn't if it has advanced airbags).
IMG_1304_zpsa41e526f.jpg

IMG_1302_zpsf06a9b07.jpg

IMG_1300_zpsed01e9b3.jpg

IMG_1309_zpsf75dade1.jpg

this is how it fits into my 2005 Mitsu Oulander (small CUV) with the front seats adjusted for people 5'7 and 6'1 tall.

courtfrog2

Okay! I was able to get it installed. Just learned about the angle adjuster! Yay! So, will buy that and the fact it can be braced is wonderful. I think I will keep it. Will NOT travel with it. That sucker would suck. Dave said he would carry it, but I'm not going to do that. My safe kids coordinator will let us use one of their convertibles so I don't have to buy one for the trip! Yay!

Thanks for all your help.

jacqui276

Okay... got the R100 in the mail and tried to install it. They make them a lot differently than the radian80's. Um... why are the side where the legs go so loose?

The sides are loose because they are adjustable. You adjust them by giving them a good tug in or out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC