What is this problem, and how can I fix it?

livilou

The one strap is nice and tight and snug. The other one is loose in one spot only. I took some pics to help explain what I mean.

Here you can see both. It's the one on the left side of the picture that has a bit of a problem
1.jpg

And here is exactly what I mean. I can pinch this part on the outside. It's weird though because at the exact same point in the strap but on the inside, I cannot pinch anything. It's only this one very spot that I can pinch it.
2.jpg

And also, what angle does this look like to you (just a guess)? No clue if I measured it correctly, but the way I used the app, said it was approx a 45degree angle, but I'm not so sure about that?
untitled-1.jpg

I promise this is the last thread I'll make for a long time! :D

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
That seat has what's called a 'continuous loop' harness. It's one big long loop that threads under the bum. You can even out the sides if you pull on the tight side at the hip - pull the slack out of the loose side and it will even up nicely. Re-adjust the overall tightness if necessary.

I'm no good at judging angles - but how is the level to ground line relative to the ground when you're parked on a flat spot? Don't worry so much about the overall angle, but instead make that line parallel to the ground. How old is your daughter, and her weight?

livilou

That seat has what's called a 'continuous loop' harness. It's one big long loop that threads under the bum. You can even out the sides if you pull on the tight side at the hip - pull the slack out of the loose side and it will even up nicely. Re-adjust the overall tightness if necessary.

I'm no good at judging angles - but how is the level to ground line relative to the ground when you're parked on a flat spot? Don't worry so much about the overall angle, but instead make that line parallel to the ground. How old is your daughter, and her weight?

Thank you! Will try that tonight when DH gets home with the car. She's 9 months 1 week and 19.9lbs as of today

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC